Elections & Voting -  Not Roy Moore Too? (287 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 38) 

Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

Alone with Corfman, Moore chatted with her and asked for her phone number, she says. Days later, she says, he picked her up around the corner from her house in Gadsden, drove her about 30 minutes to his home in the woods, told her how pretty she was and kissed her. On a second visit, she says, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear. 

“I wanted it over with — I wanted out,” she remembers thinking. “Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over.” Corfman says she asked Moore to take her home, and he did.

Two of Corfman’s childhood friends say she told them at the time that she was seeing an older man, and one says Corfman identified the man as Moore. Wells says her daughter told her about the encounter more than a decade later, as Moore was becoming more prominent as a local judge.

Aside from Corfman, three other women interviewed by The Washington Post in recent weeks say Moore pursued them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s, episodes they say they found flattering at the time, but troubling as they got older. None of the women say that Moore forced them into any sort of relationship or sexual contact.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/woman-says-roy-moore-initiated-sexual-encounter-when-she-was-14-he-was-32/2017/11/09/1f495878-c293-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.8b8b354414b1

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-9 1:20 PM 
To: BlueManDude  (2 of 38) 
 108802.2 in reply to 108802.1 

Well, it's amazing how many times these fanatics have some horrible secret in their past.

Or their present.

But all they have to do is make a big show of their sorrow and repentance and they get away with it.

Reply   Options 

To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 38) 
 108802.3 in reply to 108802.2 

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-9 1:22 PM 
To: BlueManDude  (4 of 38) 
 108802.4 in reply to 108802.1 

BTW, that "whatever this is" remark was a bit much.

From: Leftism is a mental disorder (FouledAnchor)Nov-9 1:30 PM 
To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 38) 
 108802.5 in reply to 108802.2 
I've got some oceanfront real estate in Iowa I think you'd be interested in.

To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 38) 
 108802.6 in reply to 108802.4 

role of Roy Moore in the Alabama Senate race will now be played by Christopher Plummer.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DONtiffW4AE_xHM.jpg

https://twitter.com/Pappiness/status/928706416348663808

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-9 2:48 PM 
To: BlueManDude  (7 of 38) 
 108802.7 in reply to 108802.6 

“The allegations against Roy Moore are deeply disturbing and disqualifying. He should immediately step aside and allow the people of Alabama to elect a candidate they can be proud of.”

— Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), on Twitter.

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-9 2:52 PM 
To: BlueManDude  (8 of 38) 
 108802.8 in reply to 108802.1 

Murkowski Raises Possibility of Write-In Challenger

When asked about allegations that Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore initiated sexual relations with a 14-year old girl, Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) said, “I’m horrified and if this is true he needs to step down immediately.”

According to Axios, Murkowski also said she had spoken to Sen. Luther Strange (R-AL) about becoming a write-in challenger in the Dec. 12 election.

Murkowski won her re-election in 2010 with a write-in campaign after she was defeated in the GOP primary.

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-9 2:53 PM 
To: BlueManDude  (9 of 38) 
 108802.9 in reply to 108802.1 

Alabama Governor Declines to Endorse Moore

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey (R) declined to officially endorse Roy Moore (R) in a special U.S. Senate election next month, according to the Alabama Political Reporter.

“Ivey’s refusal to endorse Moore caused a bit of a rift within the state’s Republican Party, which lobbied Ivey aggressively for an endorsement. With her popularity, particularly among the more moderate Republicans in the state, the ALGOP believed Ivey’s public backing could go a long way towards pushing hesitant voters to the polls.”

Daaaaaaammmmmn...  A lot of Republicans seem to be taking this dirt on Moore very seriously.

To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 38) 
 108802.10 in reply to 108802.7 

Sorry John, but he's trump's kind of man. 30 days and change, waiting on my virtual cup....

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-38
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.