Congress & the Courts -  RW:Too many blacks on Trump grand jury (258 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/3/18 9:15 AM 
To: All  (1 of 10) 

For one thing, Mueller doesn't pick the people on the grand jury - the court does. For another, Washington D.C. is almost 50% African-American. I guess everything is a conspiracy or part of the deep state

Huffpost:WASHINGTON  Supporters of President Donald Trump have opened a new line of attack on the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election: They think special counsel Robert Mueller’s federal grand jury has too many black people on it.

A Trump associate who “recently testified” complained to New York Post columnist Richard Johnson that the members of the grand jury in Washington looked like they came from a Black Lives Matter protest.

“The grand jury room looks like a Bernie Sanders rally,” the witness told Page Six. “Maybe they found these jurors in central casting, or at a Black Lives Matter rally in Berkeley.”

The complainant contended that 11 of the 20 grand jurors in the room during the testimony were African-Americans, which isn’t a surprising figure because it roughly lines up with the percentage of black residents of the District of Columbia. The witness also told Page Six that there “was only one white male in the room, and he was a prosecutor.”

If the witness recently testified before the grand jury, which is charged with determining whether there’s probable cause to indict any additional Trump campaign figures, that witness presumably knows a lot about what precisely the grand jury inquiry is focused on at this point. But instead of pursuing that story, Page Six gave a sympathetic airing to the witness’s complaints about the racial makeup of the grand jury ? though the story did include a “racism” tag.

Reply   Options 

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/3/18 11:00 AM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 10) 
 109727.2 in reply to 109727.1 

They don't even bother trying to hide it any more.

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 10) 
 109727.3 in reply to 109727.1 

I don't know why the worry as Grand Jury's do not try cases, just decide if there is any evidence to proceed to trial. They do not care if the evidence will hold up either as long as there is some evidence that can help them render a deicsion. It has been said that grand jury's would indict a ham sandwich. So much ado about nothing really.

From: David (DAVEBUTLER) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/3/18 3:13 PM 
To: [PC] (BIG_MONTANA)  (4 of 10) 
 109727.4 in reply to 109727.3 

Very well stated.

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/6/18 2:38 PM 
To: [PC] (BIG_MONTANA)  (5 of 10) 
 109727.5 in reply to 109727.3 

Who cares about the Grand Jury's do?  We are more concerned, or should be, in what it DOES.

-------------------------

Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach ... - Amazon.com

Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation Paperback – April 11, 2006. ... In Eats, Shoots & Leaves, former editor Lynne Truss, gravely concerned about our current grammatical state, boldly defends proper punctuation. ... Eats, Shoots & Leaves: Why, Commas Really ...

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

• Edited January 6, 2018 2:46 pm  by  Bike (URALTOURIST1)

To: [PC] (BIG_MONTANA)  (6 of 10) 
 109727.6 in reply to 109727.3 

It has been said that grand jury's would indict a ham sandwich. >>

actually it was a lawyers boast he could get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich..

To: albatler  (7 of 10) 
 109727.7 in reply to 109727.6 

Having served as Deputy Foreperson on a federal Criminal Grand Jury, (the plural of which is "juries"), I can assure you they cannot indict any inanimate object.  We on the jury never allowed our personal feelings to interfere with the law.

We worked for 70sessions in 24 months, and I had to retire to do it.  It was during the Dubya Bush Administration, and I still want to bring charges against the DOJ for Obstruction of Justice. The DoJ was corrupted from the top in those days.  They keep on threatening me with prison time if I do it publicly.  Really.

But I will eventually do it: I'm 73, and they have less to take away from me now.

The Bad Guys?  Ashcroft and Gonzales, who should be in prison.

To: GJKAM  (8 of 10) 
 109727.8 in reply to 109727.7 

the atty was soooo good ,he could get the sandwich indicted..

it's a boast..

To: albatler  (9 of 10) 
 109727.9 in reply to 109727.8 

It was a judge...

Wachtler was famously quoted by Tom Wolfe in the 1987 novel The Bonfire of the Vanities that "a grand jury would 'indict a ham sandwich,' if that's what you wanted

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_Wachtler

To: BlueManDude  (10 of 10) 
 109727.10 in reply to 109727.9 

quite a few judges are/were attys..

even some prezes were/are...Clinton for one..

• Edited January 7, 2018 5:37 pm  by  albatler

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.