Sports & Entertainment -  Alexa cackles (85 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-8 9:36 AM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 

Cincinnati.com:

Amazon's Alexa voice assistant isn't laughing with you, she's laughing at you – and it's creeping people out.

Over the past couple of weeks, users with Alexa-enabled devices have reported hearing an unprompted, childlike fit of laughter without Alexa being prompted to wake. Some have unplugged the devices because the cackling became too creepy.

Amazon knows this is no laughing matter. In a Wednesday statement to The Verge, the online giant said it's aware of the issue and the Alexa team is "working to fix it."

One of the first reports of the laughter came Feb. 22, when Twitter user @CaptHandlebar posted a short video in which listeners can hear Alexa's laugh come out of a Bluetooth speaker connected to an Amazon Echo Dot.

@CaptHandlebar So Alexa decided to laugh randomly while I was in the kitchen. Freaked @SnootyJuicer and I out. I thought a kid was laughing behind me. 5:53 PM - Feb 22, 2018

Reply   Options 

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconMar-8 11:15 AM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 2) 
 110829.2 in reply to 110829.1 

To laugh at humanity is to pass the Turing Test.

"If you don't want me to laugh at you, don't put an Echo in your bedroom."

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.