Trump Administration -  Trump Even Hates Mother's Milk (413 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-8 2:01 PM 
To: All  (1 of 30) 

U.S. Won’t Back Breast-Feeding Resolution

“A resolution to encourage breast-feeding was expected to be approved quickly and easily by the hundreds of government delegates who gathered this spring in Geneva for the United Nations-affiliated World Health Assembly,” the New York Times reports.

“Based on decades of research, the resolution says that mother’s milk is healthiest for children and countries should strive to limit the inaccurate or misleading marketing of breast milk substitutes.”

“Then the United States delegation, embracing the interests of infant formula manufacturers, upended the deliberations.”

We are galloping to the point where every other nation on earth just treats us like the drooling uncle in the corner at the party.

Reply   Options 

To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 30) 
 112612.2 in reply to 112612.1 

Totally bizarre and to what end, what are they doing and at who's request? Health & Human Services it seems.

U.S. Opposition to Breast-Feeding Resolution Stuns World Health Officials

American officials sought to water down the resolution by removing language that called on governments to “protect, promote and support breast-feeding” and another passage that called on policymakers to restrict the promotion of food products that many experts say can have deleterious effects on young children.

When that failed, they turned to threats, according to diplomats and government officials who took part in the discussions. Ecuador, which had planned to introduce the measure, was the first to find itself in the cross hairs.

The Americans were blunt: If Ecuador refused to drop the resolution, Washington would unleash punishing trade measures and withdraw crucial military aid. The Ecuadorean government quickly acquiesced.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/08/health/world-health-breastfeeding-ecuador-trump.html

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-8 2:49 PM 
To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 30) 
 112612.3 in reply to 112612.1 

I just posted this - I'll delete my duplicate post. I can't figure this one out unless the Enfamil lobby got involved

Forum Host, Liberal Heaven
Assistant Moderator,YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-8 2:50 PM 
To: BlueManDude  (4 of 30) 
 112612.4 in reply to 112612.2 

I can't figure this one out, either

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-8 2:54 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 30) 
 112612.5 in reply to 112612.3 

Always follow the money.  Especially with the Trump Crime Family.

Those who forget history...

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 30) 
 112612.6 in reply to 112612.4 

All I could think of was the lawyer who trump attacked during one of his many discovery hearings, because she was breast feeding. On the other hand, I doubt he would be interested in any form of US policy, unless someone told him to be interested. It's bizarre, maybe they are now just seeing how far they can go, testing the waters.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-8 2:57 PM 
To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 30) 
 112612.7 in reply to 112612.5 

I remember melamine was in pet food, too and a lot of pets were sickened or died

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-8 3:06 PM 
To: BlueManDude  (8 of 30) 
 112612.8 in reply to 112612.6 

The Immigration Gestapo ripped several infants from their mother's arms while breastfeeding.  It's like a wartime poster defaming the viciousness of the enemy come to life. 

Edit to add that one child was returned after about three months covered with lice and apparently hadn't been bathed at all.  (source)

When this is finally over, the people responsible for these atrocities - from Trump down to the "caregivers" at the kiddie jails all need to be tried for crimes against humanity.  It will be the only way that the US will ever be able to clear our reputation before the world as well as our collective conscience.  I'm dead serious - Nuremberg 2.0.

• Edited July 8, 2018 3:13 pm  by  Black Cat (NYTSHADE)

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-8 3:07 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 30) 
 112612.9 in reply to 112612.7 

I remember it well.  And there were toxins in rawhide pet chews.  We still make certain to only get treats from US sources.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-8 3:09 PM 
To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 30) 
 112612.10 in reply to 112612.9 

what surprised me is that so many well known brands were involved

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.