Politics and the Media -  Maher torches Trump fearmongering (68 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-3 9:46 AM 
To: All  (1 of 3) 

Huffpost:

President Donald Trump’s fearmongering about the migrant caravan traveling through Mexico drew Bill Maher’s ire on Friday night.

The “Real Time” host lamented how “every day it gets worse” ahead of Tuesday’s midterm elections.

“Trump is like a racist Paul Revere. ‘The migrants are coming! The migrants are coming!’” he quipped. “He keeps calling it an invasion. Yes, an invasion of strollers.”

Maher also bashed Fox News over its coverage of the thousands of refugees fleeing violence and poverty. The group is currently around 800 miles from the U.S. border.

The conservative network “treats this like it’s the zombie apocalypse. But zombies eat brains, why would they be heading toward America?” he joked.

• Edited November 3, 2018 9:48 am  by  Marci (marcinmin)

Reply   Options 

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconNov-3 2:10 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 3) 
 114214.2 in reply to 114214.1 

That stagecraft was over-the-top.  The flag was an unnecessary distraction.

I was impressed by that lady who was on first.  She put a face on the Pittsburgh murders that was really powerful, as you could tell by the silence of the audience.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostNov-3 5:58 PM 
To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 3) 
 114214.3 in reply to 114214.2 

yes, I liked the woman who was on first, too. It was very moving listening to her talk about the synagogue, the people she knew who died and about the rising anti-semitism in the country

Forum Host, Liberal Heaven
Assistant Moderator,YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.