News & General Discussion -  Breaking: G.H.W. Bush has died. (148 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 13) 

My ex texted me with the news from CBS.  CNN is covering now.

Reply   Options 

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-1 12:28 AM 
To: AULUS  (2 of 13) 
 114628.2 in reply to 114628.1 

George H.W. Bush dies at 94

Former President George Herbert Walker Bush, who navigated the United States through the end of the Cold War and a realignment of American relations with the Middle East, died Friday. He was 94. 

His death was confirmed in a statement released by his office. “George H.W. Bush was a man of highest character and the best dad a son or daughter could ask for,” the statement quoted his son, former President George W. Bush, as saying.

He was the last Republican president with any sense of decency and respect for the office. 

To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 13) 
 114628.3 in reply to 114628.2 

He was born one day after my mom.  Mom is still alive, living in an assisted living community in Sarasota.  

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-1 9:24 AM 
To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 13) 
 114628.4 in reply to 114628.2 

RIP Poppy Bush

Forum Host, Liberal Heaven
Assistant Moderator,YDD-Yellow Dog Democrats

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 13) 
 114628.5 in reply to 114628.4 

Of course the trump WH comm shop, screws up the statement from the WH. One might think, they would have had such a statement of file, considering Bush was in his 90's, would have had the statement, checked, double checked then triple checked....

Note to WH comm shop, there are these things called Google & Wikipedia, use them! Bush graduated from prep school, then joined the Navy, returned to the US.... then went to Yale.

“President Bush always found a way to set the bar higher. As a young man, he captained the Yale baseball team, and then went on to serve as the youngest aviator in the United States Navy during the Second World War.”

https://cdn.hillreporter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Screen-Shot-2018-12-01-at-7.13.56-AM-768x682.png

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-1 9:43 AM 
To: All  (6 of 13) 
 114628.6 in reply to 114628.1 

Bill Clinton remembers GHW Bush as a rival and a friend

Former President Bill Clinton former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton released a statement early Saturday on the death of former President George H.W. Bush, who died Friday at the age of 94.

Bill Clinton defeated Bush in the 1992 presidential election, and in the years after the election they became good friends, political observers said.

Read Clinton’s full statement below:

Hillary and I mourn the passing of President George H.W. Bush, and give thanks for his great long life of service, love, and friendship.

I will be forever grateful for the friendship we formed. From the moment I met him as a young governor invited to his home in Kennebunkport, I was struck by the kindness he showed to Chelsea, by his innate and genuine decency, and by his devotion to Barbara, his children, and their growing brood.

Few Americans have been—or will ever be—able to match President Bush’s record of service to the United States and the joy he took every day from it; from his military service in World War II, to his work in Congress, the United Nations, China, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Vice Presidency and the Presidency, where he worked to move the post Cold War world toward greater unity, peace, and freedom. 

He never stopped serving. I saw it up close, working with him on tsunami relief in Asia and here at home after Hurricane Katrina. His remarkable leadership and great heart were always on full display.  

I am profoundly grateful for every minute I spent with President Bush and will always hold our friendship as one of my life’s greatest gifts. 

Our hearts and prayers are with George, Jeb, Neil, Marvin, Doro, their families, and the entire Bush clan.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-1 9:50 AM 
To: AULUS  (7 of 13) 
 114628.7 in reply to 114628.1 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-1 9:59 AM 
To: All  (8 of 13) 
 114628.8 in reply to 114628.1 

From NBC's Peter Alexander:

NEWS: President Trump and the First Lady will attend President George H. W. Bush’s funeral at the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C., per Sarah Sanders.

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconDec-1 12:38 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 13) 
 114628.9 in reply to 114628.8 

There was probably no way to stop him.

But I'd bet the rent money that he'll never get near a mic.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostDec-1 1:03 PM 
To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 13) 
 114628.10 in reply to 114628.9 

They should put him on the other side or in the back so he will have something to whine about, as Jared and Ivanka did after the McCain funeral - or was it Barbara Bush? 

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-13
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.