Sports & Entertainment -  Why Bob Costas & NBC parted ways (59 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-11 1:44 AM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 

Brian Stelter:

This is the weekend's most important media biz story. It's about why Bob Costas left NBC the way he did. It's about the power of the NFL. It's about concussions. It's about ethics. 

"The networks, all of them, dance to the NFL's tune. It's just kind of the way it goes. Everyone walks on eggshells around the NFL," Costas told ESPN's Mark Fainaru-Wada.

No summary will do the story justice. Read it here...

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 2) 
 115529.2 in reply to 115529.1 

If Costas had been ambivalent about football all those years, he shouldn't have DONE football for all those years. His excuse, I suppose, is that he hoped to make things better. But you can only work hard to improve something if you already love it. Still, in all, he shows a respect for his former NBC colleagues--in fact more respect than they apparently show for him. 

He will still be doing baseball for MLB network, so you'll still have a chance to see him once a week or so. He's always been kind to baseball. I'm sure he'll have no problem getting Rob Manfred to come on the air with him. 

--Leslie-- Currently in New York City: Click for New York, New York Forecast

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.