News & General Discussion -  World leaders gather for D-Day (1360 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-6 9:07 AM 
To: All  (1 of 91) 

London (CNN)

European leaders are subjecting President Donald Trump to a crash course in history, hoping to use D-Day commemorations to shake his skepticism about alliances that have kept global peace for three-quarters of a century.

The President saw for himself on Thursday the human price paid by thousands of Americans buried under poignant, regimented rows of white gravestones overlooking the beaches they stormed under curtains of Nazi fire on June 6, 1944.
Their sacrifice in the Normandy landings helped purchase 75 years of European freedom and prosperity, and enshrined America as the leading world power and guarantor of Western democracy.
During the President's three days in Britain built around D-Day observances, it became clear that his interlocutors hope he will gain a new appreciation for how American engagement and common sacrifice built a postwar age that benefited millions but is now under threat from outside forces -- and incredibly, from the President of the United States himself.

Reply   Options 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-6 9:30 AM 
To: All  (2 of 91) 
 117067.2 in reply to 117067.1 

President Trump, French President Emmanuel Macron and other leaders mark the 75th anniversary of the Normandy invasion that helped liberate Europe and set the foundation for the modern transatlantic alliance:

• During the ceremony, Trump described the invasion as part of the epic battle between good and evil and how the soldiers in the landing “won back this ground for civilization.”
  • Trump campaigned in 2016 on an “America First” platform largely at odds with many elements of the transatlantic alliance.
  • Macron gave a speech with a full-throated embrace of multilaterism, including praise for NATO, the United Nations and the European Union, while Trump sat with his arms crossed.

President Trump commemorated on Thursday the 75th anniversary of the storied D-Day invasion by recounting “an epic battle and the ferocious eternal struggle between good and evil,” as the avowed nationalist offered a memorial to the transatlantic partnership and the foundation of America as the world’s indispensable nation.

Trump, French President Emmanuel Macron and other leaders of the nations that defeated Nazi Germany joined the thinning ranks of veterans of the June 6, 1944, D-Day invasion at the cemetery where nearly 10,000 American war dead are buried.

• Edited June 6, 2019 9:33 am  by  Marci (marcinmin)

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 91) 
 117067.3 in reply to 117067.2 

how many Muslims will France accept in the name of multiculturalism??

and when will they take over??

Islam's Muslim Brotherhood was founded in Egypt in 1928 by Hassan al-Banna, a 22 year old Muslim who admired Hitler 's hatred of the Jews and persistently wrote to Hitler to express his admiration and his desire for Hitler 's Naz i Party to collaborate with Islam.

1. 'Islamization' of Paris a Warning to the West | CBN News

Sep 01, 2010 · The book lays out a dark future when France has become a Muslim nation, and the famous cathedral has been turned into a mosque. Whether that plot is farfetched depends on whom you ask. Muslims are said to be no more than 10 percent of the French population, although no one knows for sure because French law prohibits population counts by religion.

2. Analysis: How the Muslim Brotherhood is taking over France ...

To: albatler  (4 of 91) 
 117067.4 in reply to 117067.3 

"how many Muslims will France accept in the name of multiculturalism??"

France and other countries are not accepting Muslim immigrants in the name of multiculturalism, but in the name of humanity.  Since George jr. invaded the Middle East, its inhabitants have been fleeing the carnage he set in motion.  They just happen to be Muslim and in need of shelter from the storm.

The warning should not be "Muslims taking over" but blowback from failed American military intervention.  

It is not the role of the government to manage the religious preference of the inhabitants.

?The same thing is happening in South and Central Mexico.  The inhabitants are fleeing the violence that the USA help foster by  pursuing its interests through puppet governments  who tended to ignore the demands of the peasant and working class.  Now they are seeking shelter from the storm in the USA.

As the Bible states, "you reap what you sow" or in the words of Jeremiah Wright, "the chickens are coming home to roost"

To: factotam  (5 of 91) 
 117067.5 in reply to 117067.4 

The inhabitants are fleeing the violence that the USA help foster by  pursuing its interests through puppet governments>>

that is news to me... could a sworn the Arabs have been beating each other up since before the ottoman empire...

but ignoring that, got a link to any particular puppet gov in S. A.  fostered by the US??

mademelook......

checked up on horrendous Honduran  

The United States has a lot to do with this because when we talk about violence and militarization, the United States is [financially] supporting this agenda,” he added. The Alliance for Prosperity Plan, introduced and implemented by the United States, Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador in 2014 with the mission of curbing migration from the “Northern Triangle” countries, spends 60 percent of the $750 million budget on security, according to the Council on Hemispheric Affairs.

mexico is also run by the cartels...or at least parts of it...wanna blame the US for that too??

blame trumpp.... he can be responsible for what happened in 2014...he's got broad shoulders...

by the way, I consider criminal gangs running their own territories as  "elites in training" or "incipient royalty"

Putin is a fine example of the new royalty in Prussia..

Russian Exile Mikhail Khodorkovsky: A Criminal Gang Runs ...

• Edited June 6, 2019 12:05 pm  by  albatler

To: albatler  (6 of 91) 
 117067.6 in reply to 117067.5 

The part of my message you quoted referred to South and Central Mexico during the cold war with Russia not the Middle East.  But the USA does have a history of installing puppet governments in the Middle East.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/20/64-years-later-cia-finally-releases-details-of-iranian-coup-iran-tehran-oil/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

As to South and Central America.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qvnyzq/central-america-atrocities-caused-immigration-crisis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_American_crisis

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-6 12:19 PM 
To: albatler  (7 of 91) 
 117067.7 in reply to 117067.3 

albatler said...

how many Muslims will France accept in the name of multiculturalism??

Matthew 25:35:

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

Answer: but then I found out this would invite multiculturalism and changed my mind

Click Below for my Forums:

To: factotam  (8 of 91) 
 117067.8 in reply to 117067.6 

But the USA does have a history of installing puppet governments in the Middle East.>>

ya gots to be kidding...after the ottoman empire failed, those countries were taken over by France/England..

History of Egypt under the British - Wikipedia UK  left in 1954

Lebanon french left 1948

Iraq UK left 1954

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 91) 
 117067.9 in reply to 117067.7 

Islam does not believe in multiculturalism...

or non Muslims...

9/11 was a fine example

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-6 12:47 PM 
To: albatler  (10 of 91) 
 117067.10 in reply to 117067.9 

albatler said...

Islam does not believe in multiculturalism...

or non Muslims...

9/11 was a fine example

oh, sorry, I didn't know you were Muslim. 9/11 involved Muslim extremists

Click Below for my Forums:

• Edited June 6, 2019 12:48 pm  by  Marci (marcinmin)

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 ... 71-80 81-90 91
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.