Congress & the Courts -  Amash declares independence from GOP (168 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-4 9:04 AM 
To: All  (1 of 7) 

I think he would be more effective staying a Republican. It won't be Trump's party forever and the GOP will be looking to distance themselves from 45. Not that I am that concerned about the Republican party, though ;)

the Hill: Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) on Thursday announced he's leaving the Republican Party and becoming an independent, months after igniting a political firestorm when he became the first sitting GOP congressman to call for an impeachment inquiry against President Trump.

"Today, I am declaring my independence and leaving the Republican Party," Amash wrote in a Fourth of July op-ed for the Washington Post. "No matter your circumstance, I’m asking you to join me in rejecting the partisan loyalties and rhetoric that divide and dehumanize us. I’m asking you to believe that we can do better than this two-party system — and to work toward it. If we continue to take America for granted, we will lose it."

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 7) 
 117343.2 in reply to 117343.1 

He might run as the Libertarian candidate for president

--Leslie-- Currently in New York City: Click for New York, New York Forecast

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-5 11:27 AM 
To: LB136 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 7) 
 117343.3 in reply to 117343.2 

LB136 said...

He might run as the Libertarian candidate for president

he could do that

Click Below for my Forums:

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-5 12:50 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 7) 
 117343.4 in reply to 117343.3 

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

No more Jill Steins!  The zombies will never change so any votes he gets will come from the Democrat.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-5 12:53 PM 
To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 7) 
 117343.5 in reply to 117343.4 

Amash is ultraconservative and a former Freedom Party member, so I can't see him getting many Dem votes

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 7) 
 117343.6 in reply to 117343.1 

Yes, yes. Hear hear.

Everyone take notice and follow and then we can make America what is was intended to be.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-7 10:26 AM 
To: All  (7 of 7) 
 117343.7 in reply to 117343.3 

Rep. Justin Amash (Mich.), a vocal critic of President Trump who left the GOP last week, said Sunday he's not ruling out a presidential run. 

Amash told Jake Taper on CNN's "State of the Union" he would consider running as an independent.  

Read the full story here at The Hill

• Edited July 7, 2019 10:39 am  by  Marci (marcinmin)

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.