Trump Administration -  UK Amb: Trump 'clumsy and inept' (268 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-7 11:28 AM 
To: All  (1 of 14) 

works for me

NYT:

LONDON - In a series of leaked diplomatic cables, Britain’s ambassador to the United States described President Trump as “radiating insecurity” and his administration as diplomatically “clumsy and inept,” a withering assessment that threatened to damage bilateral relations at a delicate moment for Britain.

The cables were published late on Saturday by The Mail on Sunday, which called them “The Washington Files.” They span a period from 2017 to the present and include candid assessments of American domestic politics and Washington’s treatment of Iran over its nuclear weapons program.

It is unclear who leaked the documents and how The Mail obtained them. But the British news outlet identified only one recipient in Britain: Mark Sedwill, the nation’s national security adviser, who became cabinet secretary in 2018.

Reply   Options 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-10 9:21 AM 
To: All  (2 of 14) 
 117368.2 in reply to 117368.1 

it reminds me of Rick Wilson's slogan: Everything Trump Touches Dies or #ETTD. Trump's deadly touch reaches all across the pond

After several days of intense criticism by President Trump, who called the British ambassador to Washington a “pompous fool” and said his administration would no longer work with him, Kim Darroch on Wednesday resigned his post.

Darroch had become embroiled in controversy after a cache of secret diplomatic cables were leaked to a British tabloid over the weekend. The memos from Darroch described Trump as “insecure” and said that the administration was “inept” and “dysfunctional.”

Trump reacted by tweeting that Darroch was “wacky” and “a very stupid guy” and “a pompous fool.” Trump went on to insult outgoing Prime Minister Theresa May for her “failed Brexit negotiation.” Trump boasted that he told May how to do the deal, “but she went her own foolish way — was unable to get it done. A disaster!”

May said to Parliament on Wednesday that she told Darroch that it is a “matter of great regret that he has felt it necessary to leave his position.”

From: David (DAVEBUTLER) DelphiPlus Member IconJul-10 9:47 AM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 14) 
 117368.3 in reply to 117368.2 

Trump's tweet was pure mindless Trump, but the ambassador's resignation was inevitable once the message to the home office was leaked.  

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-10 9:51 AM 
To: David (DAVEBUTLER) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 14) 
 117368.4 in reply to 117368.3 

I hope the ambassador got a good severance package

Click Below for my Forums:

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 14) 
 117368.5 in reply to 117368.4 

He's a career foreign officer, I suspect he will last much longer in the UK foreign service, than the trump will last in the WH.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-10 10:13 AM 
To: BlueManDude  (6 of 14) 
 117368.6 in reply to 117368.5 

BlueManDude said...

He's a career foreign officer, I suspect he will last much longer in the UK foreign service, than the trump will last in the WH.

one can only hope

Click Below for my Forums:

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 14) 
 117368.7 in reply to 117368.6 

The UK thought he would be a great fit with the trump in the WH. Kim Darroch's specialty is zoology.

I hope the James Bond types are looking hard into where the leak came from, I suspect trump/vlad/bojo may have had a a hand in the leak.

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 14) 
 117368.8 in reply to 117368.1 

He gone!

--Leslie-- Currently in New York City: Click for New York, New York Forecast

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 14) 
 117368.9 in reply to 117368.4 

Oh don't worry about him. He's part of the British power structure. 

To: BlueManDude  (10 of 14) 
 117368.10 in reply to 117368.5 

Of course.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-14
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.