Congress & the Courts -  Whew. It doesn't mention me (46 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-9 7:30 PM 
To: All  (1 of 1) 

Wash Examiner:

Attorney Alan Dershowitz commented for the first time on the indictment of disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein in a Tuesday morning radio interview, stressing the fact that he is not mentioned in it.

"The indictment itself is fairly bare bones," Dershowitz said. "From my point of view, the important thing is that it doesn’t mention me." Epstein, a wealthy and well-connected booster of Democrats, was charged with human trafficking and conspiracy Monday in a 14-page indictment that covered accusations of sexually assaulting and exploiting underage girls in the early 2000s.

Dershowitz, a well-known attorney, author, and legal expert who regularly appears on Fox News, has previously represented Epstein in related charges. He was recently named in a defamation lawsuit filed by an alleged victim of Epstein who claims that Dershowitz was not only complicit in the crimes of Epstein but that he participated in them. The accuser, Virginia Giuffre, claimed that she was raped by Dershowitz when she was underage.

Of the accusations made by Giuffre, Dershowitz said Tuesday to radio host Joe Piscopo, "I just didn’t know the person at all.” He further rejected the idea that he had been unfaithful to his wife at any point, saying, “Since the day I met Jeffrey Epstein, I’ve only had sex with one woman. It’s very easy to remember when you’ve only had sex with your wife." Dershowitz has been married to his wife Carolyn Cohen since 1986.

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.