Congress & the Courts -  Senate GOP vows to quash impeachment (910 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-25 9:02 AM 
To: All  (1 of 86) 

the Hill:

Senate Republicans are vowing to quickly quash any articles of impeachment that pass the House and warn that Democrats will feel a political backlash if they go forward and impeach President Trump.

Republican senators say there are no grounds to impeach Trump and are daring Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to embark on what they dismiss as a fool’s errand that will turn off swing voters.

“My response to them is go hard or go home,” said Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.), a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which has jurisdiction over impeachment.  “If you want to impeach him, stop talking. Do it. Do it. Go to Amazon, buy a spine and do it. And let’s get after it.”

“I think the public will feel like it’s more harassment,” he predicted.

Republicans say that impeachment will boomerang on Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), who have tried to resist pressure from the left to impeach Trump for more than a year.

Senate Republican Whip John Thune (S.D.) warned that Democrats are embarking on a politically perilous journey.

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 86) 
 118146.2 in reply to 118146.1 

Politicians are fighting this impeachment war like the last impeachment war, and we know that never works.

I'm a big fan of Kennedy, however. I love the way he does Foghorn Leghorn. He has it down to a T. He will be amusing at the latter stages of this series of unfortunate events.

--Leslie-- Currently in New York City: Click for New York, New York Forecast

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-25 10:37 AM 
To: LB136 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 86) 
 118146.3 in reply to 118146.2 

Kennedy has a sense of humor, but for now not budging on GOP position

Click Below for my Forums:

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 86) 
 118146.4 in reply to 118146.3 
Marci (marcinmin) said...

Kennedy has a sense of humor, but for now not budging on GOP position

It's all up to Mitch in the end.

--Leslie-- Currently in New York City: Click for New York, New York Forecast

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-25 12:02 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 86) 
 118146.5 in reply to 118146.1 

Why is anyone - Republicans or pundits alike - thinking that impeachment proceedings will blow back on the Dems?  This is not Monicarama, it's not Benghazi and it's not e-mails.  The political reality is that if you are not for Trump - the inevitable 40% or so - then you are against him.  The people who think that Trump is some combination of all the negative things he's said and done since taking office will not suddenly decide that the mean old Democrats are picking on him and so he deserves their support.

This is Nixon, not Clinton.

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-25 12:02 PM 
To: LB136 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 86) 
 118146.6 in reply to 118146.2 

He's no Senator Sam, that's for sure...

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-25 12:05 PM 
To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 86) 
 118146.7 in reply to 118146.5 

Republicans seem to think releasing the transcript or summary would exonerate Trump but I don’t see it. The fact that Pelosi held off on calling for impeachment while keeping her coalition intact negates the claims that this is a rush to judgment 

Click Below for my Forums:

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 86) 
 118146.8 in reply to 118146.7 

This morning, the White House invited a dozen Republican lawmakers to the White House to review the transcript before it was released to the public -- and to discuss among themselves and ask questions of White house officials. At one point, Trump called in from New York. Among the invited Republican lawmakers: Representatives Liz Cheney, Doug Collins, Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan, Kevin McCarthy, Mark Meadows, Devin Nunes + Steve Scalise. And Senators Capito, Cramer, Johnson, Perdue + Risch...

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-25 12:22 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 86) 
 118146.9 in reply to 118146.7 

I don't understand zombie-think at all.  It's like if he admits he broke the law, that makes it all okay, like the tall tale of Washington and the cherry tree.  But it doesn't.

This is abuse of power at a level we've never seen before.  There was a video last night that Johnson, Nixon and Clinton were all distasteful personal matters.  This is the first time in the history of the nation that a president has committed outright treason.

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-25 12:23 PM 
To: BlueManDude  (10 of 86) 
 118146.10 in reply to 118146.8 

Holy cow, what a den of thieves.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 ... 61-70 71-80 81-86
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.