Trump Administration -  Rick Oops Perry, Gone (223 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 18) 

To: All  (2 of 18) 
 118290.2 in reply to 118290.1 

Liddle Ricky seems to have made three trips to the Ukraine.

To: All  (3 of 18) 
 118290.3 in reply to 118290.1 

Perry pressed Ukraine on corruption, energy company changes

The energy secretary's role in pushing the president's message in Kiev was more extensive than publicly known, people familiar with Perry's activities tell POLITICO.

Energy Secretary Rick Perry urged Ukraine's president to root out corruption and pushed the new government for changes at its state-run oil and gas company, people familiar with his work said Friday — indications that he was more deeply involved than previously known in President Donald Trump’s efforts to pressure officials in Kiev.

The people said they have no indication that Perry explicitly called on Ukrainian officials to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter, the issue that has spawned a House impeachment inquiry into Trump. But at the very least, they said , Perry played an active role in the Trump administration's efforts to shape decisions by the newly elected government of President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Among other changes, Perry pushed for Ukraine’s state-owned natural gas company Naftogaz to expand its board to include Americans, two people familiar with the matter said. Two long-time energy executives based in Perry’s home state of Texas were among those under consideration for that role, one source familiar with the administration’s dealings with the company said.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/05/rick-perry-ukraine-trump-030230

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-5 10:34 AM 
To: BlueManDude  (4 of 18) 
 118290.4 in reply to 118290.3 

hmm. So that is why Perry is resigning

Click Below for my Forums:

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 18) 
 118290.5 in reply to 118290.4 

It's surprising, as Ricky finally could remember the name of the agency he heads.

Yes siree, the Department of Energy... and I Rick Perry, world renowned expert on meat, is the cabinet secretary.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-5 10:44 AM 
To: BlueManDude  (6 of 18) 
 118290.6 in reply to 118290.5 

and one of the agencies he once wanted to eliminate

well, he still has good hair and can dance wink

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 18) 
 118290.7 in reply to 118290.6 

I'm sure good hair and dancing moves will figure prominently, when he's sentenced.

To: All  (8 of 18) 
 118290.8 in reply to 118290.1 

Scoop: Trump pins Ukraine call on Energy Secretary Rick Perry

President Trump told House Republicans that he made his now infamous phone call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky at the urging of Energy Secretary Rick Perry — a call Trump claimed he didn’t even want to make.

Behind the scenes: Trump made these comments during a conference call with House members on Friday, according to 3 sources on the call.

• Per the sources, Trump rattled off the same things he has been saying publicly — that his call with Zelensky was "perfect"and he did nothing wrong.
  • But he then threw Perry into the mix and said something to the effect of: "Not a lot of people know this but, I didn't even want to make the call. The only reason I made the call was because Rick asked me to. Something about an LNG [liquified natural gas] plant," one source said, recalling the president's comments. 2 other sources confirmed the first source's recollection.

Why it matters: The president's remarks suggest he may be seeking to distance himself from responsibility or recast the pretext for the call. White House officials did not respond to requests for comment.

• Another source on the call said Trump added that "more of this will be coming out in the next few days" — referring to Perry.

Worth noting: Text messages released this week between Trump administration officials and Andrey Yermak, a top aide to Zelensky, suggest that Trump's personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, was a primary advocate for arranging the call.

• There is no mention in the text messages of Perry playing a role in making this call happen.

https://www.axios.com/trump-blamed-rick-perry-call-ukraine-zelensky-8178447a-0374-4ac6-b321-a9454b0565d4.html

To: All  (9 of 18) 
 118290.9 in reply to 118290.8 

It was Eric & Tiffany who forced me to make that call....

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-5 8:23 PM 
To: BlueManDude  (10 of 18) 
 118290.10 in reply to 118290.9 

Barron hacked into my phone and made the call for me...

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-18
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.