Congress & the Courts -  GOP Sens privately admit Trump unfit (468 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-6 10:03 AM 
To: All  (1 of 49) 

Huffpost:

Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) again lifted the lid on what many of his Republican colleagues in the Senate say about President Donald Trump in private in a column published by The New York Times on Wednesday.

Brown suggested the fear of invoking Trump’s wrath was the motivating factor in the GOP-controlled Senate’s acquittal of the president on impeachment charges over the Ukraine scandal.

“In private, many of my colleagues agree that the president is reckless and unfit,” Brown wrote. “They admit his lies. And they acknowledge what he did was wrong. They know this president has done things Richard Nixon never did. And they know that more damning evidence is likely to come out.”

Brown warned, however, that “history does not look kindly on politicians who cannot fathom a fate worse than losing an upcoming election.”

In November, Brown told “The Late Show” host Stephen Colbert that most Republican senators acknowledged in private that Trump is a racist and misogynist who has trouble telling the truth.

Reply   Options 

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconFeb-6 11:58 AM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 49) 
 119497.2 in reply to 119497.1 

Facts not in evidence.  If there was really such an undercurrent of resentment, we'd have seen more than just Mitt.  And if what he says is true, would those people actually have just handed him carte blanche to run wild?

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-6 12:04 PM 
To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 49) 
 119497.3 in reply to 119497.2 

the rest of them are cowards, especially the ones up for re-election. Mitt's prediction came true today as Trump attacked him during a prayer breakfast!

Click Below for my Forums:

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconFeb-6 1:02 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 49) 
 119497.4 in reply to 119497.3 

I just have a hard time imagining that even Trump would have that iron a grip.  But I've never understood his bond with the zombies anyway.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-6 3:27 PM 
To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 49) 
 119497.5 in reply to 119497.4 

Trump controls the RNC purse strings and access. Anyone who goes against him will be shunned and face the full ire of Trump zombies 

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconFeb-6 3:29 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 49) 
 119497.6 in reply to 119497.5 

You're right, but I'd still like to be able to sleep at night and I don't see how any of that bunch can...

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-6 3:35 PM 
To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 49) 
 119497.7 in reply to 119497.6 

They should either take the Romney stance or the Justin Amash one. Trump won’t trust trust anyone who even wavers in their support

To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 49) 
 119497.8 in reply to 119497.2 

There is an upcoming election  and tRUMP is there candidate. To have convicted him would have been to hand the Presidency to the dems. 

They will play until the election is over. Then we will see.

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 49) 
 119497.9 in reply to 119497.1 

The word for his followers is "Cult"....no different than Hitler. But Hitler only hated Jews. Trump hates EVERYONE who is not white. Don't believe me? Look at his current cabinet. Not a single African American. 

To: Albidone  (10 of 49) 
 119497.10 in reply to 119497.9 

"no different than Hitler."

Big difference!  I'm a Never Trumper but when someone calls him "Hitler" they've lost all credibility.

"But Hitler only hated Jews."

Not true!  Hitler hated Slavs, gypsies, homosexuals, Catholics and other Christians including Seventh Day Adventists  (he wanted to created a New Christianity, an Aryan one), communists, and the list is long.  In reality, there were 5 million non-Jews who were murdered by the Nazi regime.

"Trump hates EVERYONE who is not white."

Not true.

"Don't believe me? Look at his current cabinet. Not a single African American."

Ever heard of Ben Carson? 

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-49
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.