News & General Discussion -  New challenges as test supplies run low (120 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-21 9:49 AM 
To: All  (1 of 12) 

The improved pace of coronavirus testing faces a potential setback from shortages of the chemicals and supplies that labs need to run those tests.

President Trump has boasted that millions of test kits are being delivered to labs across the country, but the kits are rendered useless without the reagents that are needed to prepare samples for testing.

States and labs say they are now running dangerously low on those crucial chemicals.

Read the full story here at The Hill

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 12) 
 119975.2 in reply to 119975.1 

Here’s why Florida got all the emergency medical supplies it requested while other states did not

By Pro Publica

On March 11, Florida requested a cache of emergency supplies from the federal government to protect its medical workers against the novel coronavirus.

Three days later, the state got everything it wanted.

Other states had only tiny slivers of their requests fulfilled, including some that had asked for them earlier than Florida. Oregon and Oklahoma received only about 10%; New Jersey got less than 6%.

This disparity has not been lost on the states that feel shortchanged in their requests from the Strategic National Stockpile, a trove of supplies managed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/heres-why-florida-got-all-the-emergency-medical-supplies-it-requested-while-other-states-did-not/

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 12) 
 119975.3 in reply to 119975.1 

20/20 BioResponse to Launch Rapid Coronavirus Test Kits in U.S. following "Green Light" from FDA

ROCKVILLE, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- 20/20 BioResponse, a business unit of 20/20 GeneSystems, Inc. announced today that it will begin taking orders for its CoronaCheck ™ COVID-19 Rapid Antibody Test Kit. (The test is intended to identify persons having an immune response against SARS-CoV-2.) The company’s action follows discussions with officials from the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) this week after the agency’s March 16 Guidance issued to “expand the number and variety of diagnostic tests” as the “severity and scope of the current COVID-19 situation around the globe necessitates greater testing capacity than is currently available.”

The test kits are rapid chromatographic immunoassays (configured like a home pregnancy test) to detect IgM and IgG antibodies to COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 in blood, which is the cause of COVID-19. IgM antibody generally begins to rise within 1 week of initial infection. IgG appears about 14 days after infection. According to the March 16 FDA Guidance, antibody blood tests of this nature are “less complex” than the nucleic acid testing that the CDC and laboratories throughout the U.S. have been running since the start of this emergency.

more...

https://www.biospace.com/article/releases/20-20-bioresponse-to-launch-rapid-coronavirus-test-kits-in-u-s-following-green-light-from-fda/

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-21 9:59 AM 
To: BlueManDude  (4 of 12) 
 119975.4 in reply to 119975.2 

NM got 25% of what was requested. So did NY

Click Below for my Forums:

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 12) 
 119975.5 in reply to 119975.4 

You can bet the trump hasn't heard anything about this.... I guess all the "many people are saying" crowd are in quarantine.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-22 10:04 AM 
To: BlueManDude  (6 of 12) 
 119975.6 in reply to 119975.5 

The FEMA director refused to provide any numbers, range of numbers or even a guestimate of what is being shipped out. He just said lots every day and hard hit areas are prioritized. The Illinois governor said they received a fraction of what was asked for and he and other governors are having to do their own negotiating, pitting states against each other. He did say he was pleased FEMA was finally put in charge to coordinate the shipping of supplies because before that they had to go through multiple people and agencies

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 12) 
 119975.7 in reply to 119975.6 

It's trump policy, no numbers, everyone can just do their planning in the dark.

The trump is getting great reviews...

After Trump fights 's factual statement about doctors not being able to get masks, Fauci comes up and says, "I get the calls every night, the way you get emails. It's a serious issue. We don't want that to happen. But it is happening. You're not making things up."

A reporter reads quotes from doctors who can't get protective masks. Trump touts progress on masks, blames other administrations, and says, "Many doctors -- and I've read many, many doctors -- can't believe the great job that we've done."

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMar-22 10:26 AM 
To: BlueManDude  (8 of 12) 
 119975.8 in reply to 119975.7 

I'm surprised Trump didn't yell at Fauci and call him a terrible doctor

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 12) 
 119975.9 in reply to 119975.8 

I'm wondering what is going on behind the scenes, to end run trump's incompetence...

This cannot go on.

From: David (DAVEBUTLER) DelphiPlus Member IconMar-22 11:35 AM 
To: BlueManDude  (10 of 12) 
 119975.10 in reply to 119975.9 

Who's there to run things behind the scenes, apart from Trumpers?

I'm beginning to think he may truly destroy the nation.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-12
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.