News & General Discussion -  Red state rally; Sea of empty blue seats (243 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-21 9:25 AM 
To: All  (1 of 22) 

He threatened violence against protesters, endangered his supporters by flouting health recommendations and endured a 110-day, coronavirus-induced dry spell, but when President Trump finally stepped back onto his rally stage Saturday night in Tulsa, he saw a sea of blue seats.

The thousands of empty arena chairs, after his campaign had hyped overflow crowds and ticket requests totaling more than 1 million, symbolized the beleaguered state of Trump’s presidency and of his quest to win a second term.

To a nation broken by a pandemic and a recession — and with a racial justice movement roiling communities across the country — Trump offered neither reconciliation nor rapprochement.

Instead, he put up a fight.

Reply   Options 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-21 9:31 AM 
To: All  (2 of 22) 
 121022.2 in reply to 121022.1 

another article from

Huffpost

Large sections of the upper stands were clearly empty at President Donald Trump’s rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Saturday, following days of campaign boasts that the venue would be packed to overflowing because some 1 million people had requested tickets to the event.

Trump had planned to deliver comments ahead of the rally to an overflow group of supporters outside the BOK Center. But just a smattering of people were waiting, and Trump canceled the appearance. The campaign claimed that Trump’s outdoor speech was canceled because of protests, a position that appeared to already be setting up the media and protesters as fall guys for the rally’s mediocre turnout.

“Protesters interfered with supporters, even blocking access to the metal detectors, which prevented people from entering the rally,” campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh said in a statement. “Radical protesters, coupled with a relentless onslaught from the media, attempted to frighten off the president’s supporters.”

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-21 9:45 AM 
To: All  (3 of 22) 
 121022.3 in reply to 121022.1 

Fox and Friends blamed 'mean girl' AOC for the poor turnout

they can't stomach a 'mean girl,' but praise Bully-in-Chief Trump's daily mean and insulting tweets and comments

Raw Story:

The hosts of Fox & Friends on Sunday suggested that Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) was to blame for a number of empty seats at Saturday Trump campaign rally in Tulsa.

“There were some empty seats in that stadium that we could all see,” host Griff Jenkins announced during the Sunday show, noting that Ocasio-Cortez had praised “teens on TikTok” for making fake ticket requests to the campaign.

“This kind of makes my blood boil,” co-host Jedidiah Bila complained. “One thing I cannot stomach is an adult mean girl. Why would you be proud of people for doing something, first of all, just nasty. If you’re going to buy up tickets to try to fake somebody out and make them think — I mean, that’s just nasty behavior.”

From: We are all Treaty People (ArdytheB) DelphiPlus Member IconJun-21 11:20 AM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 22) 
 121022.4 in reply to 121022.3 

Why didn't anyone from the campaign at least suspect they were being punked by TikTok?  

From: David (DAVEBUTLER) DelphiPlus Member IconJun-21 11:30 AM 
To: We are all Treaty People (ArdytheB) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 22) 
 121022.5 in reply to 121022.4 

At a minimum, they should have been able to see where the ticket requests were coming from, and that they were from places too far away to attend.

But it's a false story anyway. If there had been a large crowd outside, with or without tickets, they would have brought enough inside to fill the arena.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-21 11:30 AM 
To: David (DAVEBUTLER) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 22) 
 121022.6 in reply to 121022.5 

Yes, As far as I can tell, no one was turned away

Click Below for my Forums:

To: We are all Treaty People (ArdytheB) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 22) 
 121022.7 in reply to 121022.4 

This is the klown who is supposed to protect us from cyber attacks from Iran, North Korea, China & Russia, gets done in by KPOP fans.

From: David (DAVEBUTLER) DelphiPlus Member IconJun-21 11:36 AM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 22) 
 121022.8 in reply to 121022.6 

Except for the woman in the Black Lives Matter t-shirt...

On edit: I see it was an I Can't Breathe shirt.

• Edited June 21, 2020 12:11 pm  by  David (DAVEBUTLER)

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 22) 
 121022.9 in reply to 121022.1 

Turnout At Trump’s Tulsa Rally Was Just Under 6,200–A Fraction Of The Venue’s 19,200 Capacity

Andrew Little, the Public Information Officer for the Tulsa Fire Department, confirmed to Forbes on Sunday that a tally taken by the fire marshal clocked the turnout at just under 6,200 people, far fewer attendees than the campaign expected.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/06/21/turnout-at-trumps-tulsa-rally-was-just-under-6200a-fraction-of-the-venues-19200-capacity/#1e3185201fed

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-21 12:39 PM 
To: BlueManDude  (10 of 22) 
 121022.10 in reply to 121022.9 

6200. Pathetic, considering they bragged about 100k

Click Below for my Forums:

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-22
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.