Local & State Politics -  Governor approvals affected by COVID (87 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJul-30 10:32 AM 
To: All  (1 of 3) 

my governor, Michelle Lujan Grisham, approval ratings went up from June, although down from April. She has been keeping us safe, has been sued by bar owners (who lost), and gives regular televised updates as well as daily updates online.

the Hill:

Voters growing weary after months of the coronavirus pandemic are increasingly critical of their governors, especially in states where those governors raced to reopen the economy and are now suffering a surge in new cases.

A major survey conducted by researchers at Harvard, Northeastern, Northwestern and Rutgers found Americans in 44 states now have a lower opinion of the way their governor is handling the coronavirus outbreak than they did in April, at the height of the first wave of the pandemic. 

In more than two-thirds of the states, the governor’s approval rating dropped by more than 10 percentage points. Residents in only five states have a better impression of their governor’s response to the pandemic now than they did in April.

The poll, conducted over a two-week period this month among 19,052 adults across all 50 states, found that governors who have been the most hesitant to rush reopening their own economies have been rewarded by voters who are also nervous about a premature return to normalcy.

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) scores the strongest marks in the nation; 76 percent of his constituents say they approve of the way Hogan is handling the virus. In Vermont, 75 percent like the way Gov. Phil Scott (R) is handling his state’s outbreak. Seventy-one percent of New Yorkers and Rhode Islanders approve of Govs. Andrew Cuomo (D) and Gina Raimondo (D), respectively. And Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker (R) is seen in a positive light by 70 percent of those in the state.

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 3) 
 121481.2 in reply to 121481.1 

I'm sure, our gov, Henry HeeHaw McMaster, deaths up up, hospitals overflowing, what a great time to open everything back up, we gotta have college football. stadiums concert venues...Bars, open movie theaters, open em up... indoor dining, heck ya! Masks are for girlie men!

• Edited July 30, 2020 10:49 am  by  BlueManDude

To: BlueManDude  (3 of 3) 
 121481.3 in reply to 121481.2 

Hey, BlueManDude,  I love your name for our governor......Henry HeeHaw McMasters!!!  That sure is right!!  I live in an area with lots and lots of tourists and the cases here are terrible.  I wish HeeHaw was up for re-election  this year.

border=

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.