Politics and the Media -  Trump scrambles for new social network (127 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-10 10:18 AM 
To: All  (1 of 7) 

My Space gets my vote. The Mercer's can buy it out and rename it "My Safe Space:

Wash Post: Jan. 9, 2021 at 8:38 p.m. MST

Twitter’s decision to ban President Trump mere days before the end of his term sparked a fierce political backlash among his most fervent allies on Saturday, sending some of his supporters — and the White House itself — scrambling to find another potent tool to communicate online.

Many prominent conservatives — including Brad Parscale, Trump’s former campaign manager, and Rush Limbaugh, the leading voice in right-wing radio — reacted to Trump’s suspension by blasting Twitter, quitting the site outright or encouraging the president’s loyal following to turn to alternative services. Trump himself signaled he is in negotiations to join other social networks, and he raised the possibility he could create a new online platform on his own.

For now, the White House is considering an early push as soon as Monday against Twitter and other tech giants, blasting it for having silenced the president’s ability to reach supporters while calling for fresh regulation against Silicon Valley, according to a person familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity. Trump, who is apoplectic about being banned, plans to spend the final days of his term in office railing against the industry, the person said.

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 7) 
 123669.2 in reply to 123669.1 
Barack Obama has an Oscar, a Grammy, a Nobel Peace Prize and a Twitter account.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJan-10 10:53 AM 
To: BlueManDude  (3 of 7) 
 123669.3 in reply to 123669.2 

love it

Click Below for my Forums:

To: BlueManDude  (4 of 7) 
 123669.4 in reply to 123669.2 

.....and a respectable family.

To: miltonebx  (5 of 7) 
 123669.5 in reply to 123669.4 

One spouse, most respected woman on the planet, plus two kids with the same spouse...amazing concept.

To: All 

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-10 3:08 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 7) 
 123669.6 in reply to 123669.1 

Reposted here since this thread seems to be getting more activity:

Go for it.  And it will be like the meetings of the SDS that I attended back in my crazy days - at least one FBI informant for every real member.  Very convenient to have all the insurrectionists in one place.

From: We are all Treaty People (ArdytheB) DelphiPlus Member IconJan-10 11:54 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 7) 
 123669.7 in reply to 123669.1 

He could try a press conference, answering real questions from serious reporters.  What a revolutionary concept.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.