Purely Political -  Trump still in charge of broken GOP (178 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-14 8:26 AM 
To: All  (1 of 5) 

Huffpost:

Back in January 2016, before Donald Trump won his first presidential primary, before he secured his position atop the Republican Party and before he won the White House, he mused about the unbreakable bond between himself and his supporters with a joke about murder.

“I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters,” Trump said, to a laughing audience, while pointing his finger at them like a gun. “OK? It’s, like, incredible.”

What was once true of his supporters is now true of nearly the entire Republican Party. The Senate voted 57 to 43 on Saturday to convict Trump, now an ex-president, of inciting an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 as part of his plan to overturn an election he lost.

Just seven Republicans joined all 50 Democrats and independents to vote to convict, despite a mountain of evidence presented by the House impeachment managers. It was short of the 67 votes needed to convict.

Trump stood in the middle of Washington, D.C., pointed his supporters at Congress and fired. Seven people ? three police officers, including two by suicide, and four Trump supporters  died as a result of the president’s actions. And his party let him off the hook.

• Edited February 15, 2021 9:20 am  by  Marci (marcinmin)

Reply   Options 

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconFeb-14 12:48 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 5) 
 124170.2 in reply to 124170.1 

See my message above.  His grip on the party is loosening.  It showed in the senate vote and it shows in the polling.  If anyone expected that the Republicans would turn on him instantly, they were wrong, but other voices are being heard now who were not earlier because of the Howler Monkey constantly filling every second of air space.  Of course he will retain some support, but for everyone but the cultists, that is not their vision of the Republican party.  And when the first couple of Trump stooges get stomped in the primaries next year, that will be it.

To: All 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-14 2:21 PM 
To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 5) 
 124170.3 in reply to 124170.2 

Trump's hold is weakening. I guess we will find out whether it will continue to do so or if he will retain control. My diehard Trumper cousin hasn't mentioned Trump since Jan 6. He still posts anti-Dem memes, complaints about Biden & Dems, antifa, etc., but he said he was not happy with Jan. 6 and hasn't reversed his stance, yet. And he contributed to Trump & attended a rally

Click Below for my Forums:

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconFeb-14 4:23 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 5) 
 124170.4 in reply to 124170.3 

There is a lady we worked with, with the advocacy group over in Hamilton County - which is about as red as it gets, even in Indiana - who used to do a hallelujah chorus for Trump every chance she got, but in all the post-election mess, she has gone totally silent about him.  She'll never be a Dem, but there are a lot of Pubs who have had enough of the nonsense.

To: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 5) 
 124170.5 in reply to 124170.2 

I'm happy to see Cruz, Graham and the like hitching their wagons to the Trump train. With any luck, when it finally derails, they will be among the wreckage relegated to the scrap heap.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.