Biden Administration -  Biden to keep a few Trump moves (146 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-15 9:13 AM 
To: All  (1 of 6) 

President Biden is aggressively rolling back the agenda of his predecessor, Donald Trump. But that doesn’t mean a few things won’t survive. 

Biden is keeping the U.S. Space Force, which was established under Trump, as well as the Artemis spaceflight program. 

He’s not rolling back the new trade deal with Canada and Mexico, which was signed into law by Trump early last year and replaced a trade pact that Biden supported as a U.S. senator. 

Biden administration officials have also offered accolades for the Abraham Accords, a deal brokered by the previous administration that normalized relations between Israel and other countries in the Middle East.

Biden has looked to swiftly undo Trump’s executive record on everything from immigration to climate, signing executive actions to rejoin the Paris climate deal, stop construction on the Keystone XL pipeline, rescind the so-called Mexico City policy, reverse plans to leave the World Health Organization and boost refugee admissions. 

Biden has also pledged to partially rollback the tax cuts passed under Trump, though he has not taken concrete steps yet to do so.

Most of Trump’s moves were politically polarizing and the former president saw minimal legislative wins during his time in office. Still, a few of Trump’s accomplishments earned bipartisan support, including the passage of the First Step Act, which reduced sentences for drug offenses and enabled an earlier release for some serving time.

Read the full story here at The Hill

Reply   Options 

From: Black Cat (NYTSHADE) DelphiPlus Member IconFeb-15 11:20 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 6) 
 124183.2 in reply to 124183.1 

We're watching, Joe.

No more phony Democrats.

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 6) 
 124183.3 in reply to 124183.1 

In other words, the military-industrial complex is good, and so are trade deals that protect international corporations.

Peace deals which favor far right conservative governments are also good. I have some hope good will come of it.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-16 9:52 AM 
To: ponyii  (4 of 6) 
 124183.4 in reply to 124183.3 

The trade deal was negotiated with Mexico and Canada and had some improvements in it. I think Mexico and Canada actually controlled what was in the final package. Trump was only interested in rebranding and giving it a new name. We are a global economy, no matter how you look at it.

Click Below for my Forums:

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 6) 
 124183.5 in reply to 124183.4 

Agreed, but I still think it's essentially NAFTA 2.0 for labor.

To: All 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostFeb-16 11:12 AM 
To: ponyii  (6 of 6) 
 124183.6 in reply to 124183.5 

Biden will address the issue of US companies moving abroad separately. He isn’t going to move trad back to the 60’s

or 70’s

Click Below for my Forums:

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.