Local & State Politics -  AZ GOPer hypocrisy re: drag shows (73 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-21 9:07 AM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 

Wash Post:

Arizona GOP gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake, who has attacked drag queens as dangerous to children, attended the shows of drag queen Richard Stevens for more than 20 years and once hired him to perform at her home, according to Stevens.

Stevens, who said he has performed across the country for 25 years as Barbra Seville, accused the Trump-endorsed Lake of being a “complete hypocrite.”

“I’ve performed for Kari’s birthday, I’ve performed in her home (with children present,) and I’ve performed for her at some of the seediest bars in Phoenix,” Stevens wrote on Facebook.

Drag queens have become a lightning rod on the right amid false claims they are grooming children, using a sinister label some Republicans are applying to virtually any discussion of sexual orientation and gender identity ahead of November’s midterms.

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 2) 
 128508.2 in reply to 128508.1 

Once again . . .

--Leslie-- Currently in New York City: Click for New York, New York Forecast

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.