News & General Discussion -  Trump is a coward, says Dick Cheney (343 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 12) 

Not that I expect very many Trumpites to be swayed by this, but wow - the living Patron Saint of Republicans himself is calling Trump out!

Dick Cheney torches Trump in ad: 'He's a coward' (yahoo.com)

Reply   Options 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-5 8:49 AM 
To: Ed (Ed_S) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 12) 
 128820.2 in reply to 128820.1 

Cheney trails by a lot as Trump still seems to have a stranglehold on many states in the south and west

Click Below for my Forums:

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 12) 
 128820.3 in reply to 128820.2 

I agree, Liz is toast. It's too bad, because she's an honest Republican - one of the very few. I don't agree with her policies, by and large, but I do admire her willingness to stand up for what is right, no matter the cost.

Her dad, Dick Cheney, was once the Republican most feared and loathed by Democrats. If he says Trump is a danger to our democracy, the rest of his party really need to sit up and take note.

To: Ed (Ed_S) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 12) 
 128820.4 in reply to 128820.1 

Is it me, or does Dick Dastardly look healthier now than back in his face shooting days?

And you're right, won't make a bit of difference to the MAGAts. Not even the ghost of Ronnie Raygun could sway the faithful.

To: Ed (Ed_S) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 12) 
 128820.5 in reply to 128820.1 

What, if anything, do you think will release the US from this wave of ignorance that Trump is riding?  We can strengthen our education system to teach kids to think critically so they don;t fall for their mindless propaganda but it will take decades to see any results of that.  Putting the facts in front of the faces of MAGAts won't do any good because they either ignore it or find ridiculous excuses for it (After Alex Jones so thoroughly humiliated himself in a public courtroom on TV, the MAGAts started circulating even more ridiculous conspiracy theories as to why Jones was actually a hero and a patriot).  How do we battle this immense stupidity?  It is SO frustrating to try to reason with adults who have the mentality of a toddler.

Host of *Your Mileage May Vary

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-7 9:57 AM 
To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 12) 
 128820.6 in reply to 128820.5 

While Trump's popularity has waned, he still holds tremendous popularity in red states. The state GOP parties are far more extreme than the national counterpart

Click Below for my Forums:

To: YWN666 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 12) 
 128820.7 in reply to 128820.5 

That's the problem - this willful ignorance is so widespread and, in their devotion to the MAGA King, so deeply embedded, I don't think there's anything that can be done at this point. That's why I think another Civil War is coming. I don't think they will stop until there's violence and they're made to stop. Consider 1/6 - the mob had no idea what to do once they got inside the Capitol Building, but they didn't even consider leaving until their lord and master told them to. I think swift and harsh punishment for all the participants, AND all the enablers, would have at least made them want to think about things, but that's not happening, and the idiots are still loud and proud of their idiocy. 

To: Ed (Ed_S) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 12) 
 128820.8 in reply to 128820.7 

Even when they are punished for their behavior, the MAGA propaganda machine makes them feel like they are patriots fighting against the big bad leftist government/deep state.  Trump used them as mindless pawns to do his bidding while he stood back and protected his own sorry ass.

To: Ed (Ed_S) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 12) 
 128820.9 in reply to 128820.7 

To: Ed (Ed_S) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 12) 
 128820.10 in reply to 128820.1 

Maybe Dick Cheney can take Trump hunting?

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/269143-dick-cheney-has-yet-to-apologize-to-the-man-he-shot-in-the-face/

Dick Cheney has yet to apologize to the man he shot in the face

Former Vice President Dick Cheney has yet to apologize to the Texas lawyer he accidentally shot in the face 10 years ago, the New York Daily News reported Thursday.

Harry Whittington suffered serious injuries and a mild heart attack after he was sprayed with more than 200 birdshot pellets from Cheney’s shotgun during a quail-hunting trip in 2006. Whittington still has pellets in his right cheek and neck.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-12
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.