2KevR

Kevin's Forum for Users of 2020

Hosted by 2KevR|www.CatalogPros.com

A site for users of 20-20 Kitchen Design Software.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Electric Symbols   Version 11

Started Feb-8 by myostsr; 192 views.
myostsr

Feb-8

The electric symbols in the Room catalog are sufficient for most of our floor plan work.  However, I would like to get a report of these symbols to use as a work order for the electrician.  No report is available in current 2020that will pull this information.  The items can show up on an Item List, Utah only with other Items, not able to segregate them.

Any thoughts on a workaround?

McAniff

Feb-13

Just checked (I only have V9 and don't use it at all)

Printed from item list to pdf printer. Then exported from PDF to Excel, I used Bluebeam but assume there are other options. In excel you can sort, move, delete ...etc.

Less than ideal but so is trying to do an electric schedule in 2020.

myostsr

Feb-13

Thanks for your reply.

I was able to figure out the item list by filtering out unwanted catalogs, etc.  I have been using BlueBeam for electric plans as well, and really it what got me started on asking why can't this be done in 2020 in a quicker, more efficient manner. 

2020, quicker and more efficient-I made myself laugh!

All I really want from 2020 is a scaleable Title Block-what I don't want is cloud based catalogs.

McAniff

Feb-13

"Quicker more efficient" would be to combine 2020 with Envisioneer (another $2k). I did that until I gave up 2020 altogether.  May start using it again as I transition into freelance drafting but haven't bothered to load it back or promote that. Not sure I want to go there.

langensiepen

Feb-13

In all fairness, 2020 Design is actually about the best program in its price range for producing high quality K&B renders (which is all they claim it is for). I assess other software frequently and anything that produces similar renders is normally around double the price or produces inferior renders at a similar price.

Is it buggy? Yes

Can it produce accurate cutting lists or output to CNC? No

Is 2020 Technologies completely weird in the way they approach the industry? Hell, yes!

Is the 2020 Design experience frustrating? Yes

BUT I have yet to find a similar program in a similar price range that will do the same job as quickly and efficiently. That said, they will lose clients and market share until they change their attitude to their target market, fix the bugs more quickly than they do now and come out with an option to produce accurate cutting lists and/or output to CNC (without going through 2 other programs).

McAniff

Feb-14

I always thought 2020's strength was pricing.  When I first dropped it at the end of 2010 I was settling for renderings that were not quite as good as what I could do with 2020. Ray tracing was available but I've never gotten very good at that. Moving on to now this is what I can get "live" which I think are pretty good. They open fast, still able to move around the space in the view-live and quickly OR change render technique with either a mouse click or a keyboard shortcut.

In reply toRe: msg 6
McAniff

Feb-14

Hmm, clicked too soon and can't edit the last post.

This program does NOT give cut lists. I'm only interested in complete, clear accurate documents for installation and the factory and complete (stable) control of dimensions, notes and views. Pricing I do in online ordering systems by drag and drop from an exported schedule OR if that is not available by copy and past into a spreadsheet template (which is exactly what I was doing with 2020 back in the day)  Oh and it costs less.

I'm in the middle of adding some drawings related to my drafting service on my website and will post a link to those later today.

myostsr

Feb-14

I agree it is the best offering in the marketplace.  I have continuously looked at all other options, a fact that underscores how 2020 leaves us wanting, especially in the area of post sale drawing packets.  I can only assume their main concern is big box, not independent design build professionals.

But as you said, it is a better option than others....