MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

EDGAR INJURED   Horse Racing

Started by srfan1974; 96 views.
srfan1974

9/1/07

I was watching TVG, and after the 8th race something happened after the race during the gallop out, and Edgar got thrown by his mount, do not know too much, it was AFTER his race when they gallop back.  He is off of his mounts for the rest of the day which is only 2 or three races but the next two races are the Forego G1 and the Woodward where he had live mounts.  His horse in the Forego Midnight Lute won the Forego handedly.  I hope he is ok, and just being safe then sorry for him to miss these big races.

Just heard more info, he injured his ankle, Thank Goodness nothing major like a head or chest injury.  I feel bad he had to miss the two big races at Saratoga. http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=40565

Marianne

srfan1974  

• Edited 9/1/2007 5:42 pm by srfan1974
DrewAway

9/1/07

I hope Edgar is ok, too. That was unfortunate timing...
beverly25410

9/1/07

I hope he is OK.  He needed a couple more wins to move up to be the Jockey of the Saratoga meet but I guess he wont get it.
DrewAway

9/1/07

They just said it is his ankle on TVG - hope it is just a sprain or sore...
LyndaP31

9/1/07

according to the bloodhorse he injured his ankle and has taken off the rest of his mounts

Looks like we posted at the same time, Marianne. You have more info than I did. Hope we hear about Edgar's condition soon!

Maureen

9/1/07

Hope his ankle heels well.  Glad it was not a chest injury.  I know how it feels when you're watersking across the wake and crash on your rib cage at 50 miles an hour... and that is bad enough on water.
In reply toRe: msg 7
SusanE830

9/1/07

Thank god the injury wasn't too bad.  And the horse is all right.  Edgar would've been very concerned about the horse, I should think.

Okay, Edgar, that's your quota of scares for the year.

(from the Daily Racing Form

Prado injures ankle

By DAVID GRENING

SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. - Jockey Edgar Prado on Saturday was taken to Albany Medical Center, where he was being treated for a possible broken right ankle, according to his agent, Bob Frieze.

Prado, 40, was injured when he was unseated by his mount, Admiral Bird, while galloping out at the conclusion of Saturday's seventh race at Saratoga, in which Admiral Bird finished second.

On the gallop-out, Prado and his mount were in between horses when Admiral Bird appeared to clip heels with another horse. Admiral Bird stumbled and Prado was unseated. He lay motionless on the ground for several minutes before being attended to by paramedics.

Prado was taken off the track on a stretcher and at first was brought to the track's first-aid room. It was decided at that point that he be taken to Albany Medical Center for further examination and X-rays.

Prado, who has 27 wins at the meet, was forced to take off his remaining mounts, including Midnight Lute, who won the Grade 1 Forego under Shaun Bridgmohan, and Diamond Stripes, who finished third under Mike Luzzi in the Grade 1 Woodward.