MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Joe at TB friends needs our prayers   Anti Slaughter Issues

Started by Elaine NC (elainew322); 12 views.

Joe from TB friends is sounding so down ,I know his heart is hurting for the horses as ours .I have trouble any more even reading some of the posts ,just keeps the tears flowing . Joe is trying so hard to do what is best for all horses but he to is getting overwhelmed with the problems at hand now.All Rescues are feeling the strain ,Hay water,drought, We need the bill to pass so we can get a grip and get things in order ,It has been long enough ,keep calling and faxing do not give in to the helpless feeling that is trying to get to me   and possibly getting to you .If you have time read Joes page today It sure tears me up to see him hurting so .Elaine322 NC    www.tbfriends.com

really920

9/10/07

"One thing I know for sure. Concentrate on good, and good will take over."

9/10/07

Bump!
In reply toRe: msg 2
Juliet9386

9/10/07

I have been reading Joe's Blog for over three years now. I have never seen him quite this vocal and quite this upset. Joe typically is upbeat with a little sarcasm lace in - but now I think he has hit the wall.... so to speak. When I see postings like this - I sent them to my reps in Congress... but he is right, no one is willing to cover this issue in the Bay Area, I have been hammering the papers around here for two years to bring to our attention that California horses are still being slaughtered.... no one wants to touch it - not sure why - but no one wants to touch it.....

So, if I post the email addresses for the local papers, how many of us are willing to slam them with emails until something gets published????

Julie

really920

9/10/07

Here is a link to a thread where some FOB'S were working on the CA horse slaughter issues!  I'm sure if you post the email addys on that thread you will get many involved with blasting the media!

http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=alexbrown&msg=13336.1

Sassy'smom (jdouma)

9/10/07

Hi, I'm one of the CA FOB's trying to stop our Horses from leaving California for slaughter. There is one particular person that is busting their "butt" regarding this issue. I feel she is overwelmed maybe feels like she is the only one doing anything and nothing is happening. I'm hoping she is no going to give up.  Nobody as in law inforcement wants to help the politicians all avoid us. So if there is someone out there with some better ideas. We would love them.

Janice

9/10/07

JUst a thought . I'm on the opposite coast from California but with the media here, as with many things in life, it's not what you know or do  but WHOM you know. Are there any California FOBS out there with personal connections to media mavens? Maybe a personal pitch of a story would do the trick.
  • Edited 9/10/2007 2:14 pm ET by Terric324
really920

9/10/07

I think a media blast in California is a great idea...
KathyF49

9/10/07

I tried to contact Joe to see who he is talking about in Los Gatos and San Jose (my area).  I would love to see an article about this in the SJ Mercury News.   Kathy
Juliet9386

9/10/07

The SJ Merc has been the only paper that has covered ANYTHING... i.e. the Bill getting passed last year....