The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Epona Press Release --Wanted to share   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Mom2Precious (horselover57); 88 views.

BELINDA BEAUNE

308-293-5654

eponahorserescue@msn.com

HORSE RESCUE RECEIVES QUARTER MILLION DOLLAR DONATION

Epona Horse Rescue of Minden purchased over 100 acres of property thanks to a life long horse lover.   The Donor, who wishes to anonymous, stipulated the funds be used to provide a permanent home for the rescue.   Started in 2004, Epona Horse Rescue is a non profit charity established to assist equines suffering from neglect and abuse.   Over 150 horses have been assisted by the organization since its beginning.   Director Lin Beaune said, “The property will be a wonderful opportunity for the horses in our area.   Epona is making plans for new educational programs, a medical barn and short term facilities for additional horses if needed in a neglect or abuse case.” 

Recent articles in the New York Times and the Omaha World Herald have pointed to problems in the horse industry.    Both articles outlined factors leading to a decline in the horse market in our area, and the country.  Beaune explained, “Over breeding of horses has been going on for some time.   Add to that he increased costs of living today, like gas and groceries, and people’s disposable income is gone”.   Hay shortages due drought across the country and increased grain prices are other factors that don’t bode well for horses or their owners.   Sadly, the organization can not help all the horses in need, but the new facilities will allow the organization to expand. 

Epona plans to complete the move later this spring.  An open house is scheduled for the summer.   If you are interested in helping Epona Horse Rescue or would like more information, see Epona Horse Rescue website at www.eponahorserescue.com. 

maxsmom10

3/3/08

HOw absotlutely wonderful for you!  Blessing to the anonymous donor and many thanks.

Marsh in TN

3/3/08

YAHOOOOO!
HUrray for the horses and bless that donor!
The lives they changed today and all those that pass through your doors tomorrow!
Thank-you! Anonymous donor!

3/3/08

That is wonderful!! Bless them for being so generous!!!

Love,

Cheryl

Ponytale1976

3/3/08

That is wonderful congrats to you and the horses that come through your doors.

3/3/08

WONDERFUL!  So nice to read something positive happening.  I wish you all the best at your new place!

We are so excited. THe funniest thing was going to the bank and getting a cashiers check to pay for the property.... And then having to get to my job and pick up my paycheck cause we were broke .... Got to love the life of non profits and rescue..

Lin

3/3/08

YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!

OMG, Lin, that is AWESOME!!

Ponytale1976

3/3/08

That is funny. Congrats though, it's wonderful news.

3/3/08

Absolutely Fantastic News! Congratulations Lin and Epona!

Someone out there REALLY "gets it" and, to that donor:  though I will never "know" you....it is by your deeds that I know you well.  May your blessings be abundant.   

Lin, as I wrote to you once before, "carry on".....

Tibs