Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Big Brown   Horse Racing

Started by Guest; 292 views.

5/3/08

Has anyone here congradulated Big Brown, THE HORSE?
Msg 2 of 61 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1
CarolynBK

5/3/08

You are right - he ran a great race and is a great horse.
Msg 3 of 61 to GuestGuest 
2tempe

5/3/08

Seems Big Brown's outstanding race has been overshadowed by the sad sad accident of Eight Belles.  I know his trainer got some bad press for his "arrogance" in picking the 20th position, but he sure made a good decision.  The horse and his ride were essentially flawless. 

In reply toRe: msg 3
cigarello

5/3/08

Congrats to Big Brown; he is the real deal

5/3/08

Congrats to Big Brown.

I was non-believer.

Rob

In reply toRe: msg 3
meltedpat

5/3/08

Whether they are likable people or not, I feel sad for Big Brown's connections much like I did for Bernardini's connections.  It was very classy of Big Brown's co-owner to first extend his condolences to Eight Belle's connections before he spoke of his horse's win.

Big Brown ran an amazing race, almost effortless it seemed; he's the real deal.  I said to myself before the race that if he wins, breaking from post 20, with such little experience, he could be a real superhorse.  I was rooting for him but admit that I did have my doubts.

He really is a beautiful boy, too.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Choklitz

5/3/08

Congratulations to Big Brown!  He ran an amazing race, and imho I think he's Triple Crown worthy.  He won the KD handily after only three races and from the worst post position.  Kudos to you, Big Guy. 
Msg 8 of 61 to GuestGuest 

5/3/08

Congrats to Big Brown!

I believe he has what it takes to win the Triple Crown!

5/3/08

Congratulations BROWN !!

Hope to see you in the Preakness and Belmont!

SO KOOL to see you run fast !! Really FASTTTTTT!!

BUT MOST OF ALL we want YOU to STAY SAFE !!!!!

SmittyCat3

5/3/08

Yes it was a bizarre and confusing moment after the race.

They showed Kent Desormeaux getting back on Big Brown while Gary Stevens was joking that he had been thrown off because BB still had so much juice left in him.

It looked bizarre - how anticlimactic compared to Edgar Prado or Calvin Borel trotting victoriously atop their mounts, waving at an adoring crowd.

Then the next thing I knew they were talking about a breakdown....and flashing from a tragic scene on the track to the winners

It felt nothing like a Kentucky Derby win