Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Stallion Deal near on Big Brown   Horse Racing

Started by Guest; 128 views.

5/7/08

http://tcm.bloodhorse.com/article/45087.htm -- well well well, should we be surprised? just ruins everything for racing fans- the next thing you will hear is that BB is being retired
Msg 2 of 26 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Choklitz

5/7/08

And here I thought they'd wait until June to sell him.  It just shows what commodities these colts are - like stocks or bonds.  Buy low, sell high.  Kudos again to Jess Jackson for letting us watch the great Curlin race as a 4 year old.

Msg 23400.3 and the next 1 deleted

5/7/08

I am so appalled that these beautiful babies being spirited away when they just turn three; makes me puke actually. I don't like Big Brown's connections anyway but I do love him and wish him only the best.
Msg 6 of 26 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 4
CarolynBK

5/7/08

What they can't buy is the American Dream. Afleet Alex sold initially for $5000 out the Timonium sale near my house. And look at the $16 million spent last year on the horse that ran one race (blanking on his name - I know you'll know it because it was very distinctive). One of the only really good things left about this sport is that money cannot guarantee victory because it comes down to the heart of the horse.

5/7/08

Very good point.  It was The Green Monkey, by the way.

Msg 8 of 26 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 7
MaryLOhio

5/7/08

He ran 3 races before they retired him to stud didn't he?

5/7/08

Hi Mary - I don't know how many, but it wasn't much.

Msg 10 of 26 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 9
MaryLOhio

5/7/08

Found it:

Record 3: 0-0-1
Earnings $10,440

Msg 11 of 26 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 7
CarolynBK

5/7/08

Thanks - I knew it was Green something. Guess I was thinking that he only finished in the money for one race.
  • Edited 5/7/2008 9:05 pm ET by CarolynBK