MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Aaron - Half brother of Barbaro...   Barbaro and Family

Started by ej23831; 131 views.
ej23831

5/8/08

Check this handsome guy Aaron out... he is on the www.horseadoption.com site and his direct link there is http://www.horseadoption.com/horsedetail.asp?id=807 would be an awesome dressage horse, don't you think????

5/8/08

Technically, he's not a brother to Barbaro. Bloodlines are carried through the mare, not the sire. If he out of LVR he would be considered a brother.
MaryLOhio

5/8/08

Nice colt!  sure looks older than 2!  would make a nice dressage horse or eventer!

(FYI, In the horse world they are only considered siblings if they share the same dam, not just sire.) 

twigs6652

5/8/08

Isn't it amazing that this young boy has already been ridden many times and is farther ahead in training/riding than most horses.  The typical dressage horse would still be a baby in the field at Aaron's age.  The new President of the Dressage Foundation, Lendon Gray, has a goal to increase dressage opportunities for "alternate breeds" which would be wonderful for non-warmbloods.  It's much more fun to watch dressage when there are thoroughbreds, paints, appies etc. competing.

Lauren 

KammyGirl9

5/9/08

He's lovely; has that "look" of the Dyna boys!  I know that he's not technically Barbaro's half brother, but he has the same Daddy, you know, so, in my book, he is the BBH's half bro!

Good luck, Aaron!

Msg 7 of 103 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 3
ej23831

5/9/08

SORRY, I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT HE WASN'T CONSIDERED BARBARO'S HALF BROTHER, DIDN'T REALIZE IN HORSE WORLD A DIFFERENT DAM CHANGED THIS....SHOULDN'T HAVE POSTED THIS THEN...
marygran

5/9/08

It's ok - really no need to apologize.  Whenever I see Dynaformer's name, I always think to myself, look- there's more of Barbaro's family!  Actually, it also helps network this wonderful facility and their horses, so it's a good thing really!  Also, sweet Mirific, a wonderful 9 year old OTTB, was rescued and placed there!

Mary in MD

5/9/08

No worry, when I first came here, I wasn't aware of the difference either. In dogs, we consider half siblings (as far as I know) regardless of whether it's the dam or the sire.

My problem with all of these "brothers" is that Dynaformer has been at stud a very long time and has progeny all over the place. I'm sure that if one looked at his stud book Barbaro literally has hundreds of "half siblings" To put them all on the same level as the LVR siblings and Nicanor and Lentanor dilutes what is so very special about them ;-)

From what I remember the only true half siblings are Holy Ground and Man in Havana.

• Edited 5/9/2008 2:45 pm ET by Rowdymom3
PatS2002

5/9/08

I agree. The Dynaformer colts all have that certain look about them!!!