Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Updates on Barbaro's brother Mulligan   Horse Rescue Updates

Started by Guest; 296 views.

6/6/08

Barbaro has a half brother named Aaron who is at New Vocations in Ohio and up for adoption.

He has a problem in his pelvic area that should be xrayed before adoption so he is placed in the right home.

Marianne Reagan is working with New Vocations to help find the perfect home for Aaron so please contact her at jbrairport@aol.com for further information.

Let's try to raise some money for Aaron's future.

Sharon

Msg 2 of 298 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 1
MARBAR12

6/6/08

I haven't posted much but have been a member of this forum from the beginning.  I met Aaron last weekend at New Vocations in Ohio and he is the spitting image of Nicanor.  Aaron is a really sweet horse and needs a good home.  He has a problem in his pelvic area which prevented him from racing.  Thank goodness his owner donated him to New Vocations rather than send him to you know where.  In order to place Aaron in the correct situation, a pelvic  X-ray needs to be done to determine what exactly is wrong and if he will be a rideable horse or just be a pasture buddy.  New Vocations is near Ohio State Veterinary School so this could easily be done.  If anyone is interested in helping Aaron, please let me know.  My email is jbrairport@aol.com.  Let's help a member of Barbaro's family find a good home.  You can also check out Aaron on New Vocations' website at www.horseadoption.com, click on to Thoroughbreds for adotion.

Marianne Reagan

6/6/08

Please post this under rescue issues too, some people don't go into the racing thread and may miss it!
Msg 4 of 298 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 3
MaryLOhio
Host

6/6/08

I can move this thread to Horse Rescue if the orginal poster wants it there.  
MARBAR12

6/6/08

MaryL

Sharon and I would be very grateful if you could add it to rescue as well for the additional exposure.  Thanks!

Marianne Reagan

MaryLOhio
Host

6/6/08

I have moved it Horse Rescues as this forum rules allow for only one fund raising thread.  

6/6/08

Thanks so much Mary!

Sharon

Msg 8 of 298 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 3

6/6/08

Thanks so much for looking after Aaron!

Sharon

Msg 24857.10 and the next 2 deleted