MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

AC4H-help save 2 TB's   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by keb273; 203 views.
keb273

6/10/08

AC4H has learned of 2 tb's which were purchased by a well known kill buyer.  If bail can be raised, Kelly from Lost and Found can take them in.  All donations are tax deductable and donation information can be seen at www.ac4h.com then click on donation/payment options.  AC4H is collecting all funds for this rescue.

One TB is said to be completely sound and the other may have some soundness issues?  Christy is going to get pictures of them today, but she can't post until tonight as she is also doing photo's, documentation, and helping an SPCA (Lebanon SPCA, I think) on a seizure of 3 donkeys and 2 horses.

The bail needed for each horse is $600 and the shipping (for both) is $100.  Paypal fees for this rescue total $39.  In total $1339 is needed to save these 2 tb's from slaughter. 

Again, AC4H is collecting the funds for this pair.  Options can be seen at www.ac4h.com then click on donation/payment options.  Please let us know if you decide to donate, so I can keep the tally accurate, since Christy won't be near her computer until tonight to check paypal receipts. 

In reply toRe: msg 1

6/10/08

Bump!

What's the deadline?

6/10/08

Isn't Kelly from Lost and Found the one who started another thread about mares and babies that desperately need a home, why would she offer to take these two tb's and not the mares and foals???? Just wondering, it seems the mares and foals are in the most need right now, especially since the one has a foal at her side that is one day old and the other could foal anyday????

Thanks,Lucy

Msg 25054.4 deleted
Msg 5 of 47 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 3
keb273

6/10/08

I am not sure how it is working to be quite honest.  Just the messenger ;)  I think Kelly is offering a temporary landing spot for these two tb's with more permanent arrangements to come, but am not really sure.  I, too, hope it works out for the mares/foals (and every other horse out there).  You would have to speak with Kelly or Christy regarding those questions.

Either way, they need help and do have a place to go.  Can we help them group?   Christy will have more info to share on them when she gets back tonight.   

6/10/08

Bump for the t-breds!
Msg 25054.7 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 7
keb273

6/10/08

Thanks for the identities.  I think with a combined earning of $149,151 they should have earned a retirement or a second career!  Grrr..makes me mad that people can't be responsible!

$1339 needed to save these two tb's from slaughter.  All donations are tax deductable. 

In reply toRe: msg 8

6/10/08

What's the deadline??
Msg 25054.10 deleted