MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Secretariat Daughter -- URGENT -- in LA   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by ej23831; 528 views.
ej23831

6/18/08

She's in Louisiana, needs rescue by Friday or going to auction....see Dreamhorse link

http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_horse.php?form_horse_id=1241779 

and also another message board with link running for her:

http://www.fhotd64476.yuku.com/topic/6055?page=1 

It sounds like she has a couple good offers, someone experienced needs to help co-ordinate.....see email for morris921@hotmail.com , as she is this horse's biggest advocate and was also posting her on https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=1207507689303195972&postID=8041574225415848354 the Fugly Horse Blog.....

See following quote from other forum entered by morris921@hotmail.com :

I contacted the owner. If they don't "sale" her by Friday she goes to auction in Lewisville, AR. I tried contacting the former owner who is purported to have the mare's JC papers but her phone mailbox is full so I couldn't leave a message. I can pitch in for purchase/transport but I'm in NEW YORK! I would LOVE to give this princess a final forever home.
I have no idea what condition she is in. The current owner has not had the vet to see her. Says they have "not had her for very long." Have ridden her on trail in halter, bareback. I'm a little worried about the mare's circumstances.
Anybody live close enough to go look, take pictures?
Contact me directly at: morris921@hotmail.com
Julie
  • Edited 6/18/2008 9:21 pm ET by ej23831
bostonbadger

6/18/08

OMG!  Bumping up for this royally bred girl.  25 years old and in this predicament.  Surely someone out there can give her a home.  Let's raise the $300 if someone nearby will step forwards to take her in.
Brambles

6/18/08

I will pledge $150 towards her rescue.  Please keep me posted. 

Janet

ohara44

6/18/08

IF SHE IS NOT GONE i WILL FOSTER NOTE FOSTER MEANING FEW WEEKS MONTHS.......

in ga

• Edited 6/18/2008 11:18 pm ET by ohara44
bostonbadger

6/18/08

Thankyou so much for pledging.  Hopefully some more will as she only has til Friday.

bostonbadger

6/18/08

That is so kind of you to offer a temporary home.  Does that mean that you're in Georgia?  How far is that from where she's located?
really920

6/18/08

Le Ann do you know anyone in the area that could help this horse?

Msg 8 of 552 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 7
iartoo

6/18/08

Oh.... did you say you needed another horse!?
ohara44

6/18/08

i have a stall if she needs a lay over not much more right now....we might be able to rehome her back in KY will need to wait till am. does anyone knoe if she is Legit?

anyone get her tatoo #?

yes north ga.. not sure really., bu I am here if they need me...

• Edited 6/18/2008 11:35 pm ET by ohara44
bostonbadger

6/18/08

Gosh, I have no idea, but to come up with the name and age it seems pretty likely.  I looked at Pedigree query and she is unraced so doubt that there's a tatoo.  I'd be happy to contribute, so if anyone can get this going to help save this mare, do let me know.  Should have been in bed at least an hour ago and at work all day tomorrow with no personal computer access allowed!  Thanks for offering a layover and let's hope that the FOBs will kick in and get creative for this poor girl!