MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

NJ: 10 OTTBS headed for slaughter- HELP   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by apollonia216; 3 views.
apollonia216

7/1/08

I have just received a phone call from a friend of ours that said she had received a phone call from an auction owner who has 15 horses as many as 10 OTTB's that are tagged directly for slaughter(in New Jersey).  He called her in hopes of maybe getting some of them homes knowing us all personally because we have saved some horses from him before. 

I need help and /or advise and many suggestions on what we can possibly do here to save some of these horses.  As whatever we have saved in the past we have kept.  We cannot keep anymore but, are also feel obligated to make an attempt to help these animals out.

His auction will go through tomorrow and as I said these animals will not be run through he has 15 now and needs about 30 to make "the trip" which he may have by tomorrow evening and may ship this upcoming weekend.  I am unaware of too many details at this time and we would be willing to privately pull at least one out of there and would be able to take pictures of what he has as soon as Thursday (he is more than willing to help) but, we would need a rescue or rescues to be able to take what is saved.  Especially if the people here would be willing/ wanting to save more or as many as possible.

Questions- 1.would/ do any local rescues have room and willing to take them in(at the least 1???)?

Ideas on who to contact?

Would I need to set up a wiki page to raise funds or if a rescue agreed to take them in could funds be set up to go to them (if more than one were to be saved)?  Please any/ all suggestions on what to do here would be greatly appreciated.

Laura K.               

7/1/08

BUMP!  I don't know the answer to these questions, but wanted to bump to keep it up here so someone who can help can see.  

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!

midknight1

7/1/08

Laura, where in NJ are these horses located?

Jen

Msg 25929.4 deleted
Msg 5 of 1111 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 2
apollonia216

7/1/08

Thank you so much for the BUMP we could use a few prayers too if you could spare them! I hate feeling that we are the last chance for these horses and are left feeling so helpless.   

Laura K.

7/1/08

Mary can you please help with these questions.

Thanks

Deb..:)

Msg 7 of 1111 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 6
ej23831

7/1/08

bump
midknight1

7/1/08

Bev, do you have any ideas?

Jen

Msg 9 of 1111 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 4
midknight1

7/1/08

Margaret, do you know anyone that could help?

Jen

midknight1

7/1/08

Laura, I don't know many rescues in NJ.  Last Chance Ranch is about 90 minutes away.  They are located in Quakertown, PA.  Can you try calling them?

Last Chance Ranch
9 Beck Road
Quakertown, Pa 18951

Phone: 215-538-2510
Fax: 215-538-2077