MaryLOhio

The Legacy Racing Forum

Hosted by MaryLOhio

Horse racing news, horse rescue, animal welfare

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Mountaineer Stud Needs Home   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Rachael (srparis2); 423 views.
Rachael (srparis2)

7/11/08

I'm trying to get photos uploaded to photobucket, but due to internet problems haven't been able to get them up yet. 

Bogart's Cat is a six year old stud, earner of over $100,000, check out his pedigree http://www.pedigreequery.com/bogarts+cat  He fractured a sesamoid about a year ago, did trot out sound today.  The trainer doesn't want to risk injuring him and would like to find a good home.  He might not come with papers, trainer does not want him to end up back on the track.  He's a little nippy, but in a playful way.  He will need an experienced home of course, but seems easy to handle and to be a well mannered horse. 

Rachael 

midknight1

7/11/08

Hi Rachael.  Always hard to place the studs.  Any hope of a rescue placement and we can fundraise for gelding?  Is he free to a good home?

Jen

marygran

7/11/08

I agree, Jen.

Mary in MD

murphy079

7/11/08

Pictures should help :)

Any other stats?  Height, body type, etc?  I know some people who are always casually looking for TB stallions but they have to be a certain type.

Ruffian26

7/11/08

What a look in his eye!
midknight1

7/11/08

Wow - he is really really handsome Rachael!  He looks really thick - does he have a QH body type?

Jen

Thoroughbreds366.jpg picture by mountaineerracetrack

• Edited 7/11/2008 1:06 pm ET by midknight1
RunwayLlamas

7/11/08

Wow.  That should do it.
marygran

7/11/08

What hunka horse! And yes, that look definitely says IMA STUD AND I KNOW IT!  He is gorgeous!

Mary in MD