MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

SO CAL BUS RIDE FOR RACEHORSE NEEDED NOW   Horse Rescue Issues

Started by Blueshadow5; 24 views.
Blueshadow5

7/11/08

An injured racehorse at Hollywood Park needs a bus ride TODAY from Hollywood Park to Tranquility Farm. All costs of shipping paid by Tranquility Farm.

I've been calling commerical shippers, hard to get someone at this short notice. Any private individual in southern CA that can help, and has a comfy trailer that can accomodate a horse with an injury, please email me NOW or call me at (661) 305-9021.

This horse is free to first person to pick him up, I'm lucky he is still there today as he was supposed to leave last night.  I will post more about him later.  He's a very special boy.

alexbrown4
Staff

7/11/08

sent an e-mail.  cheers, alex

Blueshadow5

7/11/08

Talked to Andy, calling you back.

7/11/08

C, I have a ride for you.

Call me

Deb

Msg 5 of 86 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 4
MaryAinMI

7/11/08

Deb - Call her at (661) 305-9021 or e-mail her.

7/11/08

Just left you a voicemail.

And talked to my friend, she is calling you directly.

Cant wait to hear who this boy is..

Thanks!

Deb..:)

7/11/08

I had her number,

My friend is calling her directly to save time.

Thanks

Deb..:)

Msg 8 of 86 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 7
Blueshadow5

7/11/08

OKAY!!! THANKS everyone so so much! I owe ten thousand people phonecalls, and I will get back to everyone.

I think the horse is secured. Tranquility Farm made contact with the trainer through the racing office - so it's "official" and the trainer knows the horse is being retired to Tranquility Farm. I am just praying now that everyone is on the same page - ie. trainer, assistant, foreman - since noone was returning calls, and that the other people that offered to pick the free horse up disappear.

The horse IS still in the barn, and we have his stall number. The entire barn moves to Del Mar on SUNDAY. That's the new deadline for moving the horse, conditional on the trainer NOT permitting anyone else to pick the horse up. This is my fear, but we now have several people able to check on the horse over the next few hours. It is nighttime racing tonight at Hollywood Park, and my boyfriend (who originally alerted me to this horse's predicament yesterday afternoon, huge hugs and thanks to Larry for being such an angel for this horse) will be working there until 10pm tonight.

Christine is able to ship the horse - thanks Deb and Christine! - and I will ask her to do that if we cannot find a commercial hauler. Christine has a smallish trailer (by thoroughbred standards!) and this horse IS hurt. Hence, Priscilla and I are still trying to find someone that can take him in a comfy box stall. If that doesn't happen very soon, I will call Christine back tonight or tomorrow morning....

I will post again later when some more details are sorted - and once he is completely safe I can tell you guys all about this horse :)

THANK YOU!!!

7/11/08

Way to go Caroline and Larry!!!!

Can you or someone spend the day at Hollywood Park tomorrow, though I guess you have to have a pass to get into the barns.

Lily

7/11/08

Another one saved..:)))

Christine is a good friend. She will do anything for a horse in need, at a drop of a hat!

I love this kind of news.

Thank you..:)))

Deb.:)