MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

My boy Thor   Horse Rescue Updates

Started by kathpaints; 18 views.
kathpaints

7/15/08

Here is a email from a lady in Gettysburg, Pa looking for a nice retirement home for her horse, can anyone offer him a place to spend the rest of his years. He sounds wonderful for a beginner person who just wants to do some light riding. If anyone is interested please contact me for the owners information.

Thanks.

Thor is dark brown, about 15.2 hands and going on 24 years old.

He is a perfect gentleman;  "Thor compensates for the stupidity of the rider" and boy, he was so right.? Thor has taken excellent care of my girls, age 8 and 11 and taught them to ride.? We have only ever walked or trotted on him, never jumped him because it is apparent that he is arthritic.?
He has excellent ground manners and a barn near me has been using him in her lesson string.

He has had a few injuries, he was at Runnymeade farm in MD for many years, and was in the "Equishare" Program. So, I suspect he had a lot of riders at a lot of different levels and he was ridden hard. 

I feel in my heart it is time to just let him enjoy the rest of his life eating grass and just being a horse or doing some light trail riding. His heart just doesnt seem to be in doing lessons anymore. 
I did put an ad on Equine.com for him as a pasture companion, but am scared to death some weird person will call and I don't want him to end up in the wrong hands, if you know what I mean.? 

I will be grateful for any help you can offer-we love Thor so much and want to ensure he has a nice quality of life somewhere.

Thor.jpg picture by autumn0515 THor1.jpg picture by autumn0515

hopelavender

7/15/08

Can anyone offer a loving, forever home to Thor?

boxwood6

7/15/08

Chris-

Please email me privately re this horse..

I may have someone...

Thanks

Fran in MD

hopelavender

7/15/08

Fran:

Just did

Please check your e-mail

:)

THANKS!

7/15/08

BUMP for Thor!!
Msg 6 of 277 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 5

7/15/08

Please run this through the NEER group - MD isnt far..

also, let owner know that many of the rescues here would let her see their contracts so she could make her own and help ensure he doesnt go to the wrong hands..

he sounds like a great horse!

Bump!

In reply toRe: msg 6

7/15/08

Thor is dark brown, about 15.2 hands and going on 24 years old.

He is a perfect gentleman;  "Thor compensates for the stupidity of the rider" and boy, he was so right.? Thor has taken excellent care of my girls, age 8 and 11 and taught them to ride.? We have only ever walked or trotted on him, never jumped him because it is apparent that he is arthritic.?
He has excellent ground manners and a barn near me has been using him in her lesson string.

He has had a few injuries, he was at Runnymeade farm in MD for many years, and was in the "Equishare" Program. So, I suspect he had a lot of riders at a lot of different levels and he was ridden hard. 

I feel in my heart it is time to just let him enjoy the rest of his life eating grass and just being a horse or doing some light trail riding. His heart just doesnt seem to be in doing lessons anymore. 
I did put an ad on Equine.com for him as a pasture companion, but am scared to death some weird person will call and I don't want him to end up in the wrong hands, if you know what I mean.? 

I will be grateful for any help you can offer-we love Thor so much and want to ensure he has a nice quality of life somewhere.

Thor.jpg picture by autumn0515 THor1.jpg picture by autumn0515
Msg 8 of 277 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 6
kathpaints

7/15/08

Please feel free to crosspost this in hopes a good home could be found for Thor...

Thanks for your help....

7/15/08

THIS IS FROM  A LATER POST:

Please run this through the NEER group - MD isnt far..

also, let owner know that many of the rescues here would let her see their contracts so she could make her own and help ensure he doesnt go to the wrong hands..

he sounds like a great horse!

Bump!

Msg 10 of 277 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 9
kathpaints

7/15/08

Thank you...