MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Edgar Prado- Hall of Fame   Barbaro and Family

Started by janbot; 288 views.
janbot

7/30/08

The FOBs will be presenting gifts to Edgar Prado on Monday, August 4 to celebrate Edgar's induction into the Hall of Fame. The presentation will include a gift basket (created by Kennett Florist), roses (to symbolize the Kentucky Derby win), and a donation in Edgar's name to the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund.

Results of our donations:
Total collected- $1084.00
Roses- $55.00
Wire fee- $6.95
Kennett Florist- $21.05
Donation- $1000.00

I would like to thank Kennett Florist who basically worked for free. They took staff, labor, and merchandise and donated it all to this project. Their cost is way over the $21.00. Alie herself assembled the basket so it would meet her standards. This fundraiser would not have been possible without the wonderful people at Kennett Florist.

I would also like to extend my thanks to Jane Heart and Anna Bryant for their generosity! Their gifts will speak to the core of Edgar’s heart as he gazes upon the image of Barbaro.

The FOBs congratulations to Edgar will be beautifully conveyed through Beverly’s certificate. Thank you so much Beverly!

Thanks to Dory and Bea for doing the legwork for the presentation and us. They are going to do the physical job of delivering the gifts and making the presentation. Not an easy task by any measure! They both have offered their unconditional support with good humor and excitement. Thanks!

And to the FOBs……you always amaze me! Many, Many Thanks!

beverly25410

7/30/08

Thank you Jan,  You did well!!!

Deborah21CO

7/30/08

Jan,

THANKS to you and all of the FOBs who gave of their time and talents to make a special day even more special for Edgar.   A more deserving soul does not walk this earth.

And what can we say about the folks at Kennett Florist.   They always go above and beyond to make everything perfect.   And as you stated, they do it for nothing.   Bless them all.

Thanks for letting me be part of this.

Debbie Anderson in CO

Marilyn (mthaley001)

7/30/08

Thank you Jan and everyone involved in making this happen.

Can't wiat for pictures.

melody1963

7/30/08

Jan,

Thanks go to you also for bring this idea to us FOB'S. I know Edgar will be so happy to see the donation amount. This is just so Fantastic! Cant wait to see the pics.

Melody

beverly25410

7/30/08

A few weeks ago Ali sent me an email and asking me to fill out a testimonial for KF. She said they can't afford the big advertising cost of things like 1-800 Flowers etc and the testimonial will help them with google hits.  Did anyone else get this request?  She said she sent it to people on her lists. 
  • Edited 7/30/2008 7:08 pm ET by beverly25410
wit3333

7/30/08

Jan

Thank you for the idea.... Thanks to all the FOBs.. Can't wait for the pics..Thanks again

Kath

janbot

7/30/08

Yep...and I filled mine out ASAP!!!
KF deserves trumpets sounding their praise! LOL!!
jan
KammyGirl9

7/30/08

Wonderful Jan!

Thank You Kennett Florist, as usual!!  You guys are the best!

Thanks to Jane Heart and Anna Bryant!  Edgar will love your art!

It will be a grand time for OUR Edgar!!

Thanks to all the others who have made this gift possible!

Judy

MaryLOhio
Host

7/30/08

(2 Posts for the photos)

DSC03006.jpg picture by MaryLOhio

DSC03007.jpg picture by MaryLOhio

DSC03008.jpg picture by MaryLOhio

DSC03009.jpg picture by MaryLOhio

DSC03010.jpg picture by MaryLOhio