MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Carpool/Hotel Sharing-Statue Unveiling   Barbaro and Family

Started by jamielsg; 1498 views.
jamielsg

2/6/09

Okay FOB Family..........April 26th is very important to all of us.  I'd like to see as many FOB's be there as possible.  We need to work together(nothing new for us) on the transport and hotel issues.  If you are driving and are willing to carpool.........please post your info on this thread.........if you can share a room with another FOB, please post on this thread.   Sharing gas and hotel expenses will benefit everyone.  We need to make a big showing for the interment of Our Beloved Barbaro's physical remains.  Also, if you live in the Louisville/Lexington area and can help get FOB's around to the various horse attractions.......please post that info here as well.  I'd like the FOB's to show up in full force,  presenting a unified front..........thanks! Jamie
marygran

2/6/09

Thanks, Jamie, for starting this thread. I think it will be helpful to have everything in one place. I am still hoping to go, however, I am about 9 hours away from KY, but would be willing to drive (or share the driving) if I can carpool with someone local in MD. I live in Montgomery County (Olney/Brookeville), and I have a minivan that can hold 7 adults (including me).

Mary in MD

whitney23187

2/6/09

you and sally be there for me okay??? so glad you guys are going---will be there in heart....
jamielsg

2/6/09

That's great Mary.........I firmly believe that you find some takers!  Great! Jamie
jamielsg

2/6/09

Whitney, I know you'll be there with us in spirit........your love for Barbaro will traverse the miles between us:) Jamie

2/6/09

Hi Mary,

I am going to go to the April 26th event.  I was planning on driving, I live in Falls Church, VA.  I might take my 2 boys who are 8 and 12.  Not 100% sure they will come but I def. want to go.  Are you interested in carpooling?  Let me know, I have not made any reservations for Hotels yet.

Thanks,

Joan/VA

pepsmom1

2/6/09

We will be there for you! - always!

Sally in Indy

In reply toRe: msg 7
LindaVA3

2/6/09

Bump for the carpools!  This is an excellent idea.
Msg 9 of 533 to GuestGuest 
In reply toRe: msg 6
marygran

2/6/09

Joan

I would definitely be interested! If you're thinking about taking your boys, perhaps I can bring mine too! I have 2 kids, Monica (16) and Greg (14), so it might be more fun for them to have company. My van will hold everyone pretty comfortably, so if there's a way for you to either come here (and leave your car here), or be dropped off at my house, I can drive my van.

Feel free to email me at mszwarcman@aol.com to discuss further.

Mary in MD

midknight1

2/6/09

Great idea to start this thread Jamie.  I'm sure many FOBs will want to hook up and carpool.

Jen