MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Looking for a roomie...    Barbaro and Family

Started by mkmg365; 85 views.
mkmg365

2/15/09

I would dearly love to have a roomie for the weekend of the 24th (Apr).  Is anyone interested?

I'm trying to make plans to go to Lexington on Sat--visit some of the lesser known farms, drive the byways (or is the hoofways) of the backroads.  Visit Old Friends.

Sunday of course would be saved for Churchhill Downs.

I prefer a female and a nonsmoker.

Margaret

LindaVA3

2/15/09

I hope you'll be able to get to Claiborne to see Secretariat's grave.  I remember you went to the Meadow last year on the way to Delaware, so this will make your visits complete.
mkmg365

2/15/09

I've been to Claiborne twice--once in 91 and then in 96.  It would be great to get a tour but alas I'm afraid I've planned this too late.  Hopefully I'll be able to visit the cemetery.

Margaret

canjo

2/16/09

Last year I attended Secretariat Festival and went on a tour of Claiborne and saw his grave and his stall as well as Riva Ridge's grave site. It was all so wonderful and I hope everyone gets a chance the festival was terrific!
In reply toRe: msg 4
LindaVA3

2/16/09

It is awesome to think of the history of horse racing that has passed through Claiborne.  Wish I could have attended the festival.
LCsquall

2/16/09

Hi Linda~

It always gives me chills to stand in the breeding shed at Claiborne...illustrious beginnings in that place so to speak...!!

~Laura

LindaVA3

2/16/09

Absolutely.  I loved the old-fashionedness of Claiborne, too.  Can't wait to go back.
canjo

2/16/09

Hope they have it again this year and you can attend I will be there again! The folks at Claiborne could not have been nicer and I wore my Barbaro and Eight Belle Bracelet as well as blue and green! Big Red was the horse of my youth and Barbaro the winter of life but both have a piece of my heart forever!
ladyadler1

2/17/09

What an awesome idea!! I wish I could go this time but I have a litter of puppies due on Apr. 14 so I cannot go anywhere until June.

Do you all do these kind of trips on a regular basis? I would love to go on one in the fall, if possible. I am not familiar with the KY farms so I would love to go with someone who is knowledgeable.

I do plan to go to the KY horsepark later this year when I have a dog show in KY.

Carol

midknight1

2/17/09

Margaret, do you want to send me your info (check out the car pool thread) and I can add you to the spreadsheet?  There are others looking to split hotel and rental car fees.  I'll be sending the spreadsheet out to participants later in the month so that they can review and contact others depending on needs.  Let me know.

Jen