MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

FOB Ribbon Fundraiser for Unveiling   Barbaro and Family

Started 3/6/09 by jamielsg; 3 views.
jamielsg

3/6/09

Hello guys.........Sally(pepsmom) and I came up with a ribbon idea that will serve 2 purposes.........one, to identify each other and the other to raise money for 3 rescues.  We will be selling the Lael colored ribbons for $3 each or 2 for $5.00.   We will split the money raised 3 ways  ~ Friends of Ferdinand, Speak Up For Horses and Our Mims.  Having said all that:), we need someone who is crafty to make the ribbons!!! I will supply the ribbon and pins............we just need someone who can make the ribbons for us.  They will be available starting Friday... Ellie and I will be in town on Thursday and you can certainly purchase one then.  I'd love to sell as many as possible early so that we can wear the ribbons to Old Friends, rescues, KHP, Saturday night dinner,etc.  Again, we want to present a STRONG and UNIFED front.  I want the world to know about The Fans of Barbaro!!!!!!!!!  If you'd like to volunteer your talents, please email me through the forum or at jjhampton@charter.net.       We can go over specifics about size, pinning methods,etc........then.  Thank you guys......Love, Jamie

• Edited 3/6/2009 4:09 pm ET by jamielsg
MJ42903

3/6/09

Can you give info on Speak up for Horses?  I have never heard of them.

Weldon54

3/6/09

Thank you for remembering The Ladies! They were the precious Mama's of so many wonderful race horses; and they were successful race horses in their own right. GREAT idea!

Love to you and Sally for doing this! I'm sending you a private email.....

Faye

jamielsg

3/6/09

Hi MJ! Here are the links for this wonderful rescue.  Be sure to click on HapsIrishPub's link..........he's one of my boys that I've followed since Annie and Shelly took him under their lovely wings.  We will be going to see Hap in April if you'd like to meet him and Shelly.  Annie and Paulette, of SpeakUpForHorses, will be at the dinner Saturday night so you'll get to meet them!  Thanks, Jamie

jamielsg

3/6/09

Faye, it was such an honor to meet the Ladies.........I can't wait to see them again next month! Have you seen our latest foal from Epona? Cuteness alert......that's all I'm gonna say:)
Weldon54

3/7/09

Awww....I saw that little one! Isn't she darling?! Let's go nap her when Lin isn't looking!!! ;)
jamielsg

3/7/09

I'm still standing in the street;)
midknight1

3/7/09

Great idea Jamie!  I would definetely like to purchase one.

Jen

jamielsg

3/7/09

You're my first customer Jen!! Thank you:) Jamie
In reply toRe: msg 1
jamielsg

3/7/09

Hey guys, Roseann has offered to make the ribbons for us!! Thank you so much Roseann.............I'll keep everyone updated and bump this thread so everyone knows about the ribbon fundraiser.....all money is going to 3 great causes!!  Love, Jamie