MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Menu

Discussion

Alexa King on HRTV now!   Barbaro and Family

Started by whitney23187; 9 views.
whitney23187

4/26/09

they opened race day america with Barbaro's derby and when they went to commercial they showed clips of him and will be interviewing Alexa after commercial--they said statue is spectacular!!
In reply toRe: msg 1
whitney23187

4/26/09

they showed the actual unveiling and they showed the jacksons, michael and said all day they will be talking to people................it is beautiful! they said that they had the churchill bugler play "my old kentucky home"........
barbaro4

4/26/09

OMG...thank you for this account.  I can't even imagine. Oh how I wish I was there for the unveiling, being so close to Barbaro, seeing the Jackson, Michael Matz...way too much for me to get a grasp on....
whitney23187

4/26/09

i started bawling when they opened the whole show with his Derby....i fell for him that March but at the derby when he was looking to see around the turn and flicked those ears and just flew home he captured me forever.....can you imagine the bugler doing my old kentucky home?? mr. jackson in particular looked close to tears......looked like a good size group..................
  • Edited 4/26/2009 12:09 pm by whitney23187
DeborahM23

4/26/09

I've been brooding all weekend missing this; they mentioned the FOBs many times on HRTV;  said Mrs. Jackson recognized us. the statue is just beautiful!   Can you just imagine the thrill of it?  The FOBs probably cheered loudly as the drape came off.   Plus they keep showing his victory.  Such a beauty.   The tears are still flowing for our Barbaro.

whitney23187

4/26/09

i know but at least we have hrtv--and when they are done with pursuit of the crown(now) they will come back with more Barbaro.........will miss him forever.......
whitney23187

4/26/09

they are shwoing mr. hot stuff's work right now--he is my loooong shot pick for derby and gary stevens just said they should get gryder for him since he is jockey-less right now--good idea............
lisainco

4/26/09

I love Mr. Hot Stuff.  He is just beautiful - A late bloomer...
whitney23187

4/26/09

isn't he?? i love harty's quote about him being colonel john's bro(or half-can't remember) saying Mr. Hot Stuff is "colonel john on meth"  ;o) i have just loved watching him run at santa anita and each race he got better and better and he will love the distance....and he is so aptly named--he can strut his stuff can't he?  ;o)

4/26/09

And I missed the whole thing!  Got busy and lost track of the time, turned it on just in time to hear someone speaking off camera and crowd noise while the HRTV folks wound up their coverage.

Maybe I can see it tonight on the Rewind show.  Hope somebody did a video.     

• Edited 4/26/2009 12:52 pm ET by 4parrotmom