Whats it all about? -  SHERMAN STRIKES AGAIN! (22 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 
Reading this on Indianz.com reminds me why I love this man. I read about this book in the NY Times and People Magazine and had the same reaction. I am glad that Sherman opens his big mouth wide when wackness like this book comes out.

http://www.latimes.com/print/books/20000123/t000007002.html

Shelby

Reply   Options 

To: Guest  (2 of 4) 
 171.2 in reply to 171.1 
Ooooo that's the Sherman I can't stay mad at for long! Yeah, BOYEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Omoya

To: Omoya (omoya1)  (3 of 4) 
 171.3 in reply to 171.2 
Did he not just break that book down? The tone of the article was very calm and he just went through all the BIG OLE problems with the book. He flicked that man off like a flea and made him look like the chump he is.

He showed so well how this guy is trying to disguise the same old paternal colonial Massa attitude behind the "I'm down with the Oglala" jive. People need to recognize that Indian people are and have been hip to people like this for a long time.

Right on brah Sherman!

Shelby

To: Guest  (4 of 4) 
 171.4 in reply to 171.3 
I also noticed that he realizes the Pequot jokes ARE racist. Interesting...Well, tryin' to pin this brother down is rough...But I love him to death when he's right, cause he's soooo right, you know?
Omoya

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.