Books to Read -  Speaking of Greg Sarris....... (15 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 
I am totally loving Grand Avenue right now. I don't know why I haven't come across this man's writing before. I am also getting into another one of his called Watermelon Nights.

What an interesting background he has too.

BTW, has anyone read Silko's last book?

SHelby

Reply   Options 

To: Guest  (2 of 4) 
 174.2 in reply to 174.1 
Greg Sarris is an English professor at UCLA. I never had him for a class, but I sure heard great things about him then. Did I miss it or what?

To: Guest  (3 of 4) 
 174.3 in reply to 174.1 
Hey--which Silko book do you mean? The last one I liked was "Almanac of the Dead," but you need to take your Prozac before you start! I did love the middle part, where she shows how Yoruba spirituality is so close to Southwestern Native--I found that out firsthand! I think I've missed a couple, since Yellow Woman, or whatever that was!
Omoya

To: Omoya (omoya1)  (4 of 4) 
 174.4 in reply to 174.3 
It was called Gardens in the Dunes or something I think. The copy at the NY Public library is NEVER there. I haven't read it yet. It may have come out in 98 or 99.

Shelby

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.