Whats it all about? -  By God I'm Here (4 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 1) 
I have been researching my genealogy for 10 plus years and the journey has not been an easy one. I read a lot of threads and view a lot of chats and find that to much time is spent bashing the European settlers that tainted the blood of the Indians or the lack of being accepted as having Indian heritage or the denial that Black Indians exist. I find that we to often jump on that band wagon of bashing, of those that deny us. Though I recognize myself as Black Indian there runs Irish/English blood in me also. There runs African blood in my veins, although I have nothing to prove my African descent; I hope some day the DNA research project can at least give me a starting place. How much better are we to join in and entertain ignorance, simply because their statements hurt. I am more than Chickasaw/Choctaw, I am Irish/English, and I am African. Should I cut off my foot because it hurts me, or do I nurse it, until it’s better? I am Tri-racial like most Black Indians, to deny or simple identify with only part of my heritage would make me someone else. My Dad once told me “if everyone was just like me, then everyone else would be unnecessary.” Embrace the “Spirit” in all of you not just the Indian blood. Know that those that hurt you, hurt themselves, they are a foot in pain.

I am Gypsy, one who’s Spirit, has wandered from all parts of this world, which makes me, Me. I (we) must be of significant for by God I am here regardless of what anybody says
Eleanor

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.