Books to Read -  Another Great Book from Sherman Alexie (10 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 1) 
Chukma all,
just wanted to drop a line to recommend Sherman Alexie's murder mystery, Indian Killer. I'm 3/4 through it and can't put it down. We all know how he likes to shake things up and in this one he does just that. The book is about a boy who is adopted from his rez at birth to white parents in Seattle. His tribe is sealed along with his birth mother's name in his adoption records. The boy grows up looking Indian but feeling left out all the time. He desperately searches for identity and goes insane along the journey. Then suddenly a string of murders pop up when the boy realizes that white men have always been the source of his problem. The murders along with a zealous white supremacist d.j. start a race war between the Indians and whites of Seattle.
Sherman tackles everything in this piece from wannabees, to gaming and adoption issues. There's one sad part when the boy goes to an all Indian basketball tournament and feels alienated when he sees mixedblood Indians, as Sherman says, (paraphrased) "Indians with blue eyes, Mexican blood, and Black blood, all having the same family ties with the fullbloods, all being Indian, except John who didn't even know what tribe he was."

Sherman keeps you guessing as to who the killer is throughout the book. I'm still on the edge of my seat. You've got to get it!

C-Ya,

Homalosa

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.