Whats it all about? -  Divorce rate of NA compared to Americans (2 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: plaits  (2 of 7) 
 282.2 in reply to 282.1 
Sorry I do not know the divorce rate, but I heard a year and a half ago that Native Americans are marrying interracially at a higher rate than other nationalities. But how true is that? I often do not trust statistics or those whom conduct the statistics.

Sister Black Willow (formerly Sister Cahokia)
Israelite
Maternal Native Nations: Shinnecock, Poosepatuck, Oklahoma Cherokee
Paternal Grandmother's Native Nation: Possibly Tuscarora (Southeast Band; Bertie County, NC)???

Edited 10/3/00 12:42:50 AM ET by BLACKWILLOW9

Reply   Options 

To: Black Willow (BlackWillow9)  (3 of 7) 
 282.3 in reply to 282.2 
Thanks Black Willow, if you here other information let me know.
Also, what race of people are they marrying or shall I say what is the nationality(black, white, hispanic, etc.) I am curious because I have never read statistics where Native Americans have a high divorce rate. I am glad you responded to my question. If you know of a website where Native Americans have personals besides BIINA, let me know. I am sure a lot of people would be interested in meeting others.
plaits

To: plaits  (4 of 7) 
 282.4 in reply to 282.3 
As for the members of the non-Native community Native members are marrying, I do not know? I do not know of another website/message board? Perhaps maybe you may find one if you check in Delphi Forums under "Native American?" From what I gather many in the Native communities embrace the old ways when it comes meeting a potential mate/spouse. Meaning they're not inclined to message boards and personal ads. Quite honestly, I agree with such also.

Israelite
Maternal Native Nations:Shinnecock, Poosepatuck, Oklahoma Cherokee
Paternal Grandmother's Native Nation:Possibly Tuscarora (Southern Band)???

To: Black Willow (BlackWillow9)  (5 of 7) 
 282.5 in reply to 282.4 

Thanks again, they say you learn something new everyday. I am so glad you told me this. That is a great way the old way or shall I say customs. Those who go by these customs are so very, very lucky. I hope this tradition never dies for the Native Americans.
plaits

To: plaits  (6 of 7) 
 282.6 in reply to 282.5 
You're welcomed Plaits!

Sister Black Willow(formerly Sister Cahokia)
Israelite
Maternal Native Nations:Shinnecock, Poosepatuck, Oklahoma Cherokee
Paternal Grandmother's Native Nation:Possibly Tuscarora(Southern Band)?

To: plaits  (7 of 7) 
 282.7 in reply to 282.1 
Plaits here is a website of an article I found which discusses interracial marriages among Native Americans, and others, I have looked upon the web, and have not been able to find information about the divorce rate? Sorry.

http://www.ncpa.org/pd/social/spaug98h.html

Israelite
Maternal Native Nations:Shinnecock,Poosepatuck,Oklahoma Cherokee
Paternal Grandmother's Native Nation:Possibly Tuscarora (Southern Band)?

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1 2-7
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.