Whats it all about? -  Answer to the Blackfoot question. (3 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 19) 
For anyone still interested in the "Blackfoot,Blackfeet"of the southeast.Log onto "saponitown.com.I happen to be of Blackfootsaponi
and PeeDee descent.

Reply   Options 

To: nikkipeedee  (2 of 19) 
 462.2 in reply to 462.1 
Me too. Do you happen to know of any Sephardic origins of the people...those Spanish/Portuguese sailors marrying into the tribe...forming Melungeons? I am trying to research this.

To: eleese2  (3 of 19) 
 462.3 in reply to 462.2 
Greetings,
Actually I have read several theories including but not limited to the possible Sephardic/North African,Moorish and turkish
origins of the Melungeons.Even genetic/cultural connections to the Welsh explorer Madoc and or one of the lost tribes of Israel.
Unfortunately,nothing conculsive yet.It seems the harder researchers
dig nothing is found and the whole just gets bigger.Or it just may be
that it's not as complicated as people are making it out to be and that the Melungeons are just another sect in the bi-racial,tri-racial
ethnic enclave.

To: nikkipeedee  (4 of 19) 
 462.4 in reply to 462.3 
Funny you mention the Welsh. That connection is strong in our family as well lol. And there are Jews throughout. If you had any url's, I'd appreciate what little you have been able to dig up.

To: eleese2  (5 of 19) 
 462.5 in reply to 462.4 
Here is one you may find helpful.http://www.angelfire.com/wv2/dillon1944/
Also you may want to visit freeblacks.com.

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/30/01 7:21 PM 
To: nikkipeedee  (6 of 19) 
 462.6 in reply to 462.3 
Thank you to you and Eleese2 for your interesting posts. Of course, Lewis and Clark even back in their day had heard talk of the blonde Indians, or the lost tribe of Welshmen nad they expected to find them on their expedition. Of course, they didn't. I seem to remember their search in connection with the Mandan (sp?) and the Menatree (sp?)--please forgive my spelling--and also somehow connected with the Shoshone? Perhaps I remember incorrectly.

Mystery certainly does surround this topic and the more mysterious it is, the more curious I am.

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 19) 
 462.7 in reply to 462.6 
I love a good mystery as well.Genealogical research has proven to be
very exciting.The study of family/ethnic origin branch of it my favorite.I'm learning of not just the melungeons but other isolates.
Like the Jackson Whites,Redbones,Brass Ankels,Moors and of course the
Blackfoot.I've started to chronicle/collect the surnames for all these groups.It has'nt been boring in the least.

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon11/30/01 9:15 PM 
To: nikkipeedee  (8 of 19) 
 462.8 in reply to 462.7 
Oh, that sounds SO interesting....I bet you could write a wonderful book with the information you're collecting. I have read several really interesting books by people who have researched into their family's past and then wrote about their families' saga. These books have everything...history, intregue (sp?), romance, hardship, success--and they're true rather than fiction.

The real truth of history is so much more interesting than the glossed over whitewashed version (no pun intended, but it's there) we learned in school.

If you ever write a book, let me know; I'll be the first one to purchase a copy.

Jeanne

To: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 19) 
 462.9 in reply to 462.6 
Aha! There is a guy online in Wales that said his family is Welsh Indian from America. Amazing! If I ever run across that gensite again, I'll post it here for you. I think he had done extensive research on Jews/White Indians in America. We know that the Israelite connection exists for the ancient ones. Their Phoenician artifacts are found all over Turtle Island. Interesting indeed.

From: Coconut Queen (JEANNE2469) DelphiPlus Member Icon12/2/01 7:49 PM 
To: eleese2  (10 of 19) 
 462.10 in reply to 462.9 
Yeah, it is really interesting; as I mentioned, at the time of Lewis and Clark, there were already stories of blonde Indians and a tribe of lost Welshmen. Lewis & Clark were always expecting to find them...just around the next river bend....just down a little further...but of course, L&C never did find them.

Seems to me I just watched something on the Travel Channel Thursday or Friday evening about mysterious ruins similar to Stonehenge, except on the North American Continent. Can't quite remember where it was, but Phoenician type writing or gliphs were mentioned.

There's all kinds of stuff we don't know today; the information isn't quite in our grasp--at least in the grasp of white people.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-19
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.