Black Native Americans -  black indain (44 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: mikkie2 unread  (2 of 3) 
 614.2 in reply to 614.1 
In theory, yes. Be for real. People who say that "People are just People", have never been an oppressed people or are blind to world around them.

Reply   Options 

To: Semmaster  (3 of 3) 
 614.3 in reply to 614.2 

Good morning, posters...

But we may have to agree to disagree as well?

Y'know, methinks some do blur the distinction between being 'indian' as opposed to being 'indigenous', that is--being descended from some ancestor or ancestors, who had already been a part of some people of a particular tribe, before they wound up on this continent, by chance or by choice...

And what else matters is that one identifies themselves with honorable ancestors...

Mine were fulani and hausa, before someone else kidnapped and enslaved them, others bought and sold them, so they would be forced for their lifetimes to be somebody else's unpaid laborers, etc.

My and the point:

I feel and think some of us who post on such forums do need to reconsider who and what we're identifying ourselves with...

As in:

First and foremost, it should be on the self respect side...

And as one of our beloved past leaders once said:

"Forgive...but never forget..."

Malcolm X...

Lastly:

Good meeting both of you!

(Smile)...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1 2-3
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.