Whats it all about? -  BIG BLACK Indian Powow Coming Up in '03! (437 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: cnottingham2  (8 of 20) 
 636.8 in reply to 636.5 
I would like to add that there is a book out on Powwows for 2003, it list over 1000 powwow and social group powwows with phone numbers and web sites. You can obtain this book by going to http://indianpowwows.com

www.indianpowwows.com its an excellent book.

Chief Eaglefeather
http://blackindians.com

Reply   Options 

To: ctj527  (9 of 20) 
 636.9 in reply to 636.1 
When, Where, and how soon?

To: gordon02 unread  (10 of 20) 
 636.10 in reply to 636.2 
I am also looking for more information so that I can make plans to attend, however information is not coming in. Please anyone out there let me know! My family would love to go Thanks

To: cnottingham2  (11 of 20) 
 636.11 in reply to 636.9 
Sigh...

And I have a bad feeling about this...

My guess is that it is as obvious as it seems...

That is: I'm guessing that the plans fell thru...

But there's always next year...

And us staying in touch here...

Later...

Peace...

To: ctj527  (12 of 20) 
 636.12 in reply to 636.11 
How sad, that this remarkable event is unable to take place. Seeing Black Indians come together in a powwow would have been a beautiful, and bless celebration of unity. Iron eye woman

To: cnottingham2  (13 of 20) 
 636.13 in reply to 636.12 
First of all: How very nice to meet you...

(Smile)...

Beyond that: Maybe it was and is just too soon...

But it was/is a good idea somebody else might follow up on in
the future...

And like I said: It was/is just a guess...

I've been wrong before...

(BIG smile)...

Folks had stopped posting via this forum as well...

Now they have a new reason to...

And so it goes...

Take care...

Peace...

To: ctj527  (14 of 20) 
 636.14 in reply to 636.13 
Excuse me for my impoliteness, my name is Cathy and I am Omaha Indian on my mother side and Afro American on my father side. My family and I dance in the arena for the last several years. The Big Black Indian Powwow was a smashing idea and I was looking forward to attending. Well!!too bad it's not going to be a reality and I can stop bugging you for information (smile). Take care, Iron Eye Woman

To: cnottingham2  (15 of 20) 
 636.15 in reply to 636.14 
First...

You needn't have made an apology...

Instead?

Always pay close attention and keep in mind when that information
et al was originally posted...

Ok?

And actually you're reviving a tradition started way back when I
also originally started posting on this board and/or these
threads...

Thank you for doing so...

Beyond that?

What's on your mind?

Any further feelings or thoughts conveyed by the way of smoke
signals or otherwise would be greatly appreciated...

(BIG smile)...

I'll be waiting...

And thanks in advance...

Take care...

Peace...

To: ctj527  (16 of 20) 
 636.16 in reply to 636.15 
So be it...everything is a-ok. I am making plans to go to Weber State University Powow, in Ogden, Utah. I am trying to finish up my daughter's beaded hair ties, but I am having some problems. Other than that.. all is well. Peace and Blessing

To: cnottingham2 unread  (17 of 20) 
 636.17 in reply to 636.16 
Hello CNottingham, the Descendants of Freedmen conference is still on. I do not post to this message board on a regular basis, so I apologize for missing your questions. Please send me your mailing address so that I can forward it to the conference chair so that she may mail you a conference package. Now, in actuality the conference is not just a powwow; there will be speakers, panel discussions, as well as native dancing. The conference will be held at the Marriott in Norman, Oklahoma May 29th-June 1st. Some of the participants will be Dr. Celia Naylor Ojurongbe, a historian; ,Dr. Tiya Miles, ASsistant Professor of Native american Studies; Dr. Barbara Krauthamer, Historian and Assistant Professor; Dr. Circe Strum, Assistant Proffessor or Anthropology; Dr. Robert Miller - Historian and Genealogist; Eleanor Wyatt - Genealogist; Mrs Barbara Finley - Executive Director Curator of the Southern Hights Heritage Center and Museum; Mr Boe Glasschild - President of the alliance of Native Americans of Southern California; Ms Valena Broussard Dismukes - Award Winner Photographer. Entertainers will include Ms Leona mitchell, Tchiya Amemet Vela and the Light House Band, Rick wyatt, and Marvin Mitchell. The cost for the conference is $450. This includes 3 nights at the hotel, and all meals, as well as the conference attendance cost. There is also a day rate cost of $100 per day which includes lunch. You may contact us through the email above, the email address freedmen5nations@yahoo.com or the email address listed on our website:

http://www.freedmen5tribes.com

Navigate this discussion: 1-7 8-17 18-20
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.