Black Native Americans -  Black Indians to meet in Tulsa 2/15/03 (152 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: cherokee78  (2 of 10) 
 650.2 in reply to 650.1 
Hello my friend CHEROKEE78: I have been away from this forum for about a year and I am back. If you don't know me I am acting Chief of the Louisiana Choctaws and I am a Black-Indian. My grandfathers people are of the Pickwick Band of Choctaws that are originaly from the Lower Mississippi River area (New Orleans today). I would love to help you in any way that I can. I live in the Dallas area and I would love to attend any of your meetings in the future. Feel free to email me about any upcome meetings. My email address is ChfRedhawk@aol.com. Thank you for your time.

acting chief redhawk.

Edited 3/1/2003 3:23:11 PM ET by CHFREDHAWK

Edited 3/1/2003 3:26:11 PM ET by CHFREDHAWK

Reply   Options 

To: ChfRedhawk  (3 of 10) 
 650.3 in reply to 650.2 
hello Chief Redhawk, good to hear from you. I hope that you will be able to begin attending our meetings. The next meeting will be on Saturday, March 15, 2003 between 2 and 5 Pm at the Ralph Ellison library in Oklahoma City. Special speakers will be Mrs Theola Cudjoe Jones, a member of the Dosar Barkus Seminole Freedmen Band who was elected as a counsel member for the band and Mrs Gweneth Windon, Multicultural Programs Coordinator of the Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department who has been instrumental in raising awareness of Black Indian history of the 5 nations through publication of programs such as the Civil War Battle Reenactment of Honey Springs, and annual Bus Tours through Black Towns (such as Tatums Oklahoma) established by Black Indian Freedmen after the Civil War. Hope to meet you in person.

To: cherokee78  (4 of 10) 
 650.4 in reply to 650.3 
I would be more than happy to attend. What is the address? Just for the record I address myself as acting chief of the Louisiana Choctaws. We have not yet come together as a tribe sence the late 1800's.

acting chief Redhawk:

To: ChfRedhawk  (5 of 10) 
 650.5 in reply to 650.4 
Greeting acting Chief Eagle Feather. The address for the Ralph Ellison library in Oklahoma City is : 2000 NE 23rd Street. Coming from Texas, you would of course come up I 35 North to Oklahoma City. You would get off on the NE 23rd Street Exit and go west. About 1 mile away is the SE Corner of NE 23rd Street and Martin Luther King Boulevard. That is the library location. The library phone number is: 405-424-1437. That should get you there. Look forward to meeting you on March 15, 2PM. Marilyn.

To: ChfRedhawk  (6 of 10) 
 650.6 in reply to 650.4 
Osiyo, Chief...

Welcome back...

And what further suggestions do you have so we can get some of
these other rather reluctant black indians to share with us
a brief history of the origins of their particular bands and
tribes?

Please let me know...

Thanks in advance...

Take care...

Peace...

To: cherokee78  (7 of 10) 
 650.7 in reply to 650.5 
Marilyn (CHEROKKE78): With all do respect to Chief Eagle Feather; I think you ment to say Acting Chief Redhawk,. I plan to be at the meeting and look fareward to see you there.

acting chief redhawk

To: ctj527  (8 of 10) 
 650.8 in reply to 650.6 
CTJ527: Nice to be back. I have been doing some research on both Black and Indian history here in America and I am getting close on the Black mans first arrival to the know United States. I learned that almost 75% of all slaves in this country came from the Island of Cuba and the records are at the National Archives in Barcelona, Spain. The rest of the slaves are from the Island of Hispaniola (Dominican Republic & Haiti). There are some records of slaves being shipped from Puerto Rico and other small Island near by but no reall proof of this other than word of mouth of the people of these and other islands. But sence most of our Black ancesters are from Cuba this is a first start and I plan to soon go to Barcilona to learn more about these records. But first I want to get my Black Indians here together and to start getting them to become proud of there (our) Black-Indian heritage.

acting chief redhawk

Edited 3/11/2003 1:14:00 AM ET by CHFREDHAWK

Edited 3/11/2003 1:16:10 AM ET by CHFREDHAWK

To: ChfRedhawk  (9 of 10) 
 650.9 in reply to 650.2 

Hello CHief RedHawk, blessings to you from all of us at BlackIndians.com its good to see you again. I hope to be at a few of the meetings this year around the country. I'm sure the members have missed you also at the yahoogroups. When you have the time please feel free to stop by.

Please don't be a stranger here.

Blessings

Chief Jerry Eaglefeather

BlackIndians.org
BlackIndians.com

To: Chief Eaglefeather (BLACKINDIANS) unread  (10 of 10) 
 650.10 in reply to 650.9 
Thank you Chief Eaglefeather. I am getting ready to go to Oklahoma City. Take care.

Redhawk

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1 2-10
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.